Notices

Good news and Bad news

Old 04-25-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Rar

So I called the Dr. this morning for the results and she hadn't reviewed the test yet. I called at 4:30 and the nurse asked for my information and after a lengthy pause, said the doctor hadn't read the test yet. I asked if she was expected to review it today and the nurse said, "She's gone for the day!". . I was on pins and needles all day waiting for that call. Now, I have to wait longer. I'm so discouraged and depressed.

My husband in a really annoyed (almost angry) voice, told me not to dig my hole yet. I replied that it wasn't him with the nodule in his lung. He's mad at me now for daring to speak back. Last week, (before the nodule thing), he told me he was sick and tired of my pity parties and to get out of it. I didn't think I was having any pity parties. I try to be upbeat with my surgeries and try to not complain when I hurt. I don't know where that came from, but he had been drinking. Anyway, I feel very alone and scared....and I want to drink. .
Old 04-25-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rar - You're not alone in this - we are here & we care.

Very annoying that the dr didn't read the test & call you asap, knowing how concerned you are. I hope she'll get back with you early tomorrow. Prayers being sent up.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Rar

Ah Ha! I was checking my email and I received an email invitation to establish a patient portal with my new primary care doctor. I did so and low and behold there were the results of my CT scan.

The news is not good, or at least didn't appear to be good in what I could understand of the medical report with the medical language. I think my primary care doctor was anxious to go home for the day and didn't want to get involved in any detailed conversation with me. I'm glad I saw it on the portal.

It says that I have 4 mm ground glass nodule in the lower left lobe and another CT scan is recommended in 6 months. It also says there are some indications in my lungs which could be early manifestations of fibrosis.

So, that's not really good news. I will have to mull this over.

Anyway, I said I would let you all know the results.

Thank you all for being here for me. I know this isn't alcohol related, but I don't know what I would do without you.

PS - I haven't shared this with my husband yet.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

When you talk to your dr I hope her interpretation of the results will be more reassuring. I'm not good at understanding medical terms either. I hope you hear from her early tomorrow. Would've been nice if she had spoken with you before you saw the results online. I hope you'll be able to sleep, Rar. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Rar

I hope you'll be able to sleep, Rar.

Me too. I have a big golf game tomorrow. Want to be well rested! . ....and thanks Hevyn.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
So, today I met with a doctor to give me my pre-surgery clearance for my foot surgery on 5/17. I had a chest x-ray and blood work last week and today I had an EKG at the Dr's office. The good news is the blood work was all good, with my liver enzymes normal. YAY! The bad news is the chest x-ray revealed a nodule on my lung. I'm having a CT scan tomorrow.

I'm stressing and just wanted to share.
That would be a very scary discovery. I hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be strong.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 04-25-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thinking of and praying for you Rar.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too, Rar. Hope you got some sleep, & talked with your doctor.