Notices

No other way

Old 04-21-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No other way

No choice but to stop. So deep in it though. Pain over ex girlfriend weighing heavy. Because I screwed it all through drink
Old 04-21-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have a plan?
Old 04-21-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You are correct. The question is whether or not you will take that way. I hope you do instead of just talking about it.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

"No choice but to stop". To the non alcoholic that might seem obvious, but my problem was I had lost the power of choice over alcohol. I chose to stop numerous times and would be drinking later the same day.

I did, however, have some other choices I could make. Out of desperation I chose to go to AA (last resort), and I chose to dive headlong into the program of action. As a result the obsession with alcohol was removed almost immediately and has never come back.

AA never promised I would get the power of choice back. Instead it said I would be placed in a position of neutrality, safe and protected, which meant that the whole idea of choice in alcohol became completely redundant.

I now consider drinking alcohol with the same frequency I consider drinking petrol.i.e the thought does not occur.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

stewy, you can be as adamant as ya want and get as mad as ya want at me for saying rehab sounds like a great option, but nothing else is working so i say it because i f i didnt i wouldnt care.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stewy

I really hope you can find a way forward this time.
I thought about my predicament and made declarations until I was blue in the face.

Action is the key - real, positive no return action - take some action man

D
Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You CAN do this Stewy. Are you ready to work hard to do so? Right here with you.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Are you drinking now? You always sound so hopeless when you're drinking. If you're drinking, stop. Pour it out.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Becoming aware of the link between your alcohol intake & problems in your life just might mean that you're beginning to be ready for a sober journey . Take those steps.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's doing you no favors, Stewy. You're miserable & you're harming your health & wellbeing. Let this be the time you stop and stay stopped, so you can get on with your precious life.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"Pain over ex girlfriend weighing heavy."

Forgive me (again), but...

Throw that (bad word) out the window and be done with it!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No disrespect Stewy, but it's all talk and no action. Tomorrow you will probably sober up and life will go on, until you drink again, than post how miserable you are. Your ex has nothing to do with your drinking, you are the reason why you are drinking. Sad really, cause eventually your drinking will catch up on you and you will pay a price you could of avoided. John
Old 04-22-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dont you have a daughter?
Old 04-22-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can do this Stewy--you have in the past and can again. As I know rehab is out of the question (it was for me too, until my control was taken away) at least get to a doctor who can prescribe meds to make withdrawals a lot less hellish. After you dry out you can take the next steps and formulate a way forward with a clearer head.
You really need to consider your child in all this; this is absolutely unfair to her and as the daughter of an alcoholic it is personally upsetting to me when I think about kids caught up in the destructive wake of booze. It can leave deep scars.
I'm rooting for you, Stewy. It is absolutely possible to get over this and have a fulfilling, dignified life.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Stewy,

Drinking is not doing anything except keeping you in this cycle of not being able to move on from your past.

There are so many different options to recovery out there, I hope you throw yourself into one with 100% commitment, it is the only way you and your daughter are going to be able to live the life you deserve.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Here's a lesson I only recently learned, and I think it applies to you as much as it does to me:

"We are what we do, not what we say."

You remind me so much of myself, it just kills me. You can go back to my posts from 2006 and read the same messages of pain and suffering. Then do the math: 12 years of it, man! "I'm determined / I'm defeated," same cycle over and over.

I don't know what it will take for you to break this cycle, but I truly hope you find it. I'm afraid you won't survive 12 more years of this, because I barely did. Something has to change besides the words in your posts...
Old 04-22-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Stu
Drinking won't make it easier your only numbing the pain
Throw it away ...
I've come so far in almost four months
I honestly thought I could NEVER get where I am today SOBER ...(If I can do this anyone can)
Honestly you WILL be more able to deal with life's knocks when you have a clear head
Please throw it away
We are all here to support you sweetheart
Xx