Notices

Our troll hit again

Old 04-15-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Thanks August, that makes me feel a little better. I feel left out.
i thought it had sumthin to do with me mentioning earlier in the week that i like bacon.

might wanna try that once in a while and see what happens.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by GrantMeSerenity View Post
i was contacted by the trolls told i was perverted because am transgender made to feel like i was being attacked by other members it wasnt until i read the bottom of the pm that i noticed that they wanted pics of me predtors making me think that some members where like this dangerous to any one feeling vunrable
That person is sick and those hateful pms say far more about them than anything else. You are a good person and I am glad you are here on SR and in recovery.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ive only just logged in to sign in for the next 24 and seeing all this. No idea whats been going on!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The red and white "report PM" triangle is on the upper right of PMs. Click on it to report the PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One girl from here and I had some pretty strange messages the other day!! Out of line but what can you do!! You’ll get it no matter where you go!! Although the few replies I’ve just read here seem very bad! X
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Ah i was right as to one troll.

I did not get a PM this time. Admins must have removed it before I saw it.

Went after my sexuality the last time.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
This troll got after me personally as well.

If it's any consolation Tom and Mindful - I, and I'm sure everyone else, didn't for a second think anything came from you.
Absolutely. I received a PM from the troll under their username but signed tomsteve. Duhhhhhh. They really got me....

I know for sure if TS had an issue with me he'd say it right out in the open like
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

MG has posted a thread with great instructions on how to manage your PMs and to protect yourselves.

We will stick together and this vile individual will not win.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-settings.html (How to change your messaging settings)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I've always been of a mind that hurt people hurt people. So compassion can be a good lense to see this through.

And obviously this person wants attention. Maybe we ignore them. It's like a toddler having a tantrum.....just walk away.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
That person is sick and those hateful pms say far more about them than anything else. You are a good person and I am glad you are here on SR and in recovery.
Sick and hateful describe this person best, they are also cunning and persistent. The mods and Admins are doing their best to pinpoint this person and put a stop to this but it's very difficult when they're banned and then join again under a new name.

GrantMeSerenity, I'm sorry that this attack was so hateful and personal in nature. All in recovery are welcome here.

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I've always been of a mind that hurt people hurt people. So compassion can be a good lense to see this through.

And obviously this person wants attention. Maybe we ignore them. It's like a toddler having a tantrum.....just walk away.
Agreed. Over the last twelve years on SR I'm occasionally on the receiving end of hateful and nasty posts and PM's. Ignore, block, and do not respond. The offending poster has always gone away. SR is and will continue to be a safe place, we all work together to keep it that way.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love how this place pulls together

D
Old 04-15-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, a truly wonderful place to be a part of.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Astro's point is very important.....DO NOT RESPOND. that's what the trolly types want, and it seems this one in particular. that our mods had it all shut down in four hours or so is really amazing. what's that saying.....If you See something, Say something!!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love that we are coming together as a group and community and doing our best to deal with this.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

OMG this is making me shake!
And cry it sounds awful.
But I'm ok. Just a bit if a shocker for me to read the reality of such vulgarity. I was hit on a PM it seemed ok but maybe I just didn't get what they meant.
Ignorance is bliss!
Go easy on the drama Ghost I only shook and cried for 10 seconds! I'm good now.
I'll pray for their health happiness and healing.
Makes me realise how fortunate I am!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're okay, Ghoster!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghoster18 View Post
OMG this is making me shake!
And cry it sounds awful.
But I'm ok. Just a bit if a shocker for me to read the reality of such vulgarity. I was hit on a PM it seemed ok but maybe I just didn't get what they meant.
Ignorance is bliss!
G
Some twisted 'folks' on the web of internets. I think it was a few months ago and a newcomer was all freaked out about being trolled.(had a fish avatar?) I felt so bad for him..troll me all someone wants,but to troll someone who's in a fragile state of mind is literally insane/cruel! I also hate the word literally.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Apologies to anyone who got a PM in my name.

Now I'm curious as to what "I" said...and who the troll was...but I have a pretty good idea already.

I'm not unblocking anything in my PMs. Let the idiots PM me. When this happened before I got really mad and hurt...for about 5 seconds. Then I reported the post to Dee (I'd forgotten about the post report function). Let the mods handle it.

OOOH. A nasty message from an anonymous poster on a Web forum. Shaking in my boots here. NOT.

My attitude was "Is that all ya got?"
Old 04-15-2018, 09:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks to the moderators for jumping on this so quickly and for the community holding strong.

I don't get it... what does a person gain by attacking strangers anonymously? Don't they have a life? I don't get the motivation.

Do these trolls sometimes make up threads too pretending to be someone with a problem? I guess I'm naive.. Kudos to the moderators for spotting them and so quickly!