Notices

Getting real

Old 04-15-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting real

Every move from here on in that I take is going to be a step away from the mindset I’ve had over the past year. I have now got to detach from the AV and see it for what it is because it will see me lose everything if I allow it.

So I’m not going to allow it
Old 04-15-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

All of us against the addiction.
Glad to have you back in the fight, Stew!

Old 04-15-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Keep fighting Stew. The AV is pretty slimy.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Stew.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you're up early and getting after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twD9MGJ3R7c
Old 04-15-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Make this your last day one and DO NOT HAVE A SIP EVER AGAIN. You know you can do it, make the right choice.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What specific actions will you take today to make those words a reality Stew? You know you can do so because you have before, but it’s going to take a lot more than words written on a post here.

This is all very “real” already by the way. Especially to your daughter and parents. Is has been real to them for a long time now. Maybe instead of gettign real you should start getting honest. First and foremost with yourself. Then with your actions....and following through with your words and promises.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stew as much as I wanted sobriety, my will wasn't enough. I promised myself each evening, morning, mid-afternoon, I wasn't going to drink. I always did, I always felt awful about myself, and I always wound up drunk. Rinse and repeat for years.

No one can do this for you. I say this because I waited for someone or something to come along and "fix" me. Nope, never happened. Look in the mirror, the truth is staring back at you.

Support made the difference for me, but without change, all the support in the world is useless.

I know you can do this. I bet if you get some sobriety behind you and give your body and mind a chance to heal your perspective on a bunch of issues will change. Maybe then you can move forward and start healing.

Best Wishes
Old 04-15-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your daughter, your parents--it's all been real and serious to them throughout your drunk absences.

Real to them,
yet their suffering does not seem real to you.
Why is that?
Be compassionate to yourself, but please be honest as well.

( also put this on your other thread)
Old 04-15-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

booze is why I’m in a mess, that old girlfriend was manipulative, dramatic, paranoid, aggressive, petty, lazy and boring.

Got to dig through to build my self esteem up. No one going to do it for me. She would see me go under, she’s gone, forget that nightmare, she wasn’t a good person certainly in her intentions with me and her day to day interactions. Not that it matters now

It’s down to me, I’ve got to have so much strength about me that this poison is no longer an option for me. I can do anything I put my mind to, I can be strong, I can be awesome. I don’t need this low grade, pathetic drug
Old 04-15-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Stew1984 View Post
booze is why I’m in a mess, that old girlfriend was manipulative, dramatic, paranoid, aggressive, petty, lazy and boring.

Got to dig through to build my self esteem up. No one going to do it for me. She would see me go under, she’s gone, forget that nightmare, she wasn’t a good person certainly in her intentions with me and her day to day interactions. Not that it matters now

It’s down to me, I’ve got to have so much strength about me that this poison is no longer an option for me. I can do anything I put my mind to, I can be strong, I can be awesome. I don’t need this low grade, pathetic drug
More talk Stew. What are you specifically going to do today to make it happen?
Old 04-15-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I like to think I am a liberal kind of guy, you have a daughter.........that alone should be enough to drive you forward...enough to quit and enough for both of you to have a better life.

My mum and dad died 20 years a part and drove me insane. Even 3 years now I day dream of my mum, she was my best friend. It was a choice of dying (through alcohol or getting better). I chouse the the latter. LIVING is about ENJOYING, my mum wanted me to live, your daughter does too.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

All this "Ex me" and "Ex that" doesnt wash with me. Take control of you actions, an excuse to drink doesn't achieve anything.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

actions are better
Old 04-15-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think i mentioned a few threads ago I lurk a lot but to be honest SteW seems very little. I hope you can build a better life for your DAUGHTER and you.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ok, I’ll go away and take action. And then I will post back when I have something significant to say about the recovery.

I get it. Talk is cheap

Got to do the leg work
Old 04-15-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I get it. Talk is cheap

Got to do the leg work
EXACTLY!
booze is NOT why youre a mess. lack of action on the underlying issues is. stewy, take some time and read back though your threads. every single time you stop drinking, its gung ho( and quite often,"next week i will_____." or ,"tomorrow i will______" or,"but first i have to___" or "i cant______"). once the mental pain starts, its run for the bottle. youre a mess with or without alcohol, which is NOTHING unique.
and there are solutions for the underlying issues IF you chose to use them solutions.
make the choice to do the actions just today.
when tomorrow comes, make the choice for that today.
repeat every day.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
EXACTLY!
booze is NOT why youre a mess. lack of action on the underlying issues is. stewy, take some time and read back though your threads. every single time you stop drinking, its gung ho( and quite often,"next week i will_____." or ,"tomorrow i will______" or,"but first i have to___" or "i cant______"). once the mental pain starts, its run for the bottle. youre a mess with or without alcohol, which is NOTHING unique.
and there are solutions for the underlying issues IF you chose to use them solutions.
make the choice to do the actions just today.
when tomorrow comes, make the choice for that today.
repeat every day.
Tomsteve I’m doing this. It’s all been about negative crap, limiting self talk, whingeing , whining. Time to stop , there is a thing called life waiting for me, you know, that thing that we are all grateful for?

Kicking booze to the curb. And that pesky ex thought process. If she was all that, she’d be here helping the situation. Lazy individual and passive aggressive.

Got to fight now. Fight hard and true , fight for me and me alone. It’s thr hardest and most worthwhile fight
Old 04-15-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

quit placing blame on your eX stew. calling her names, putting her down, does not make YOU better......you continue to give power to the past. she couldn't help you anymore than any of us can......you were together for years and look how it ended........

own your own stuff. then deal with it head on.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

IM going to anvil . No ex blaming now. To be honest, she was a bad bad fit. Not holding her to blame but she was nasty mate. I’m not a harsh person or manipulative but she was on a different level.

She’s gone, got to take full responsibility for my path