Notices

100 days tomorrow- oh hi PAWS

Old 02-26-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

100 days tomorrow- oh hi PAWS

tomorrow is 100 days without a drop. Honestly didn't think it was a big deal and realized tomorrow is 100 in my car on the way home from traffic and got really proud of myself. I have a question for some peeps with more time than me however. I got blood work done last Friday and my body definitely took a beating from years of abuse. My cholesterol is high and my liver count is pretty elevated. The doc got me on some natural cholesterol stuff and milk thistle 3x a day as well as some vitamin D. I was having bouts of anxiety throughout not drinking and the vitamin D has seemed to help quite a bit with that. Since putting this stuff in my body to try and cleanse the liver and overall just get healthy. Ive just felt "off" kind of out of it, tired, a bit of anxiety but no where to as strong as it was. I thought maybe its my body detoxing the liver, acclimating to new "healthy" stuff in the body and then i got to thinking that its could also be PAWS related. Just zero energy, feel like I'm dreaming almost throughout the day like. I don't know if any of that makes any sense but I wanted to see if anyone could relate. Appreciate ya as always.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

cobb,

If you are seeing a Dr. you are doing better than I did.

I was afraid to see a Dr. for the first 2 or so years.

When I finally went in, I told him I didn't drink.

I didn't mention that I drank like a fish, off and on, for 30 plus years.

My cholesterol was borderline high as was my Bp.

I tried to take atorvastatin, but it made me exhausted.

I am still taking 10mg or lisonopril for my Bp. It helps, but I am sick of the cough that it causes. It gets old.

I will tell you what everyone told me when I came onboard around 100 days clean. It gets better and better.

They didn't lie.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry Cobber

Sounds like it could definitely be a PAWS thing. But also, have you made any other lifestyle changes?
I am just thinking like exercising in the fresh air and sun, eating a healthier diet, getting some face to face time with community support, family and friends, talking to a counselor etc.

For many once we remove the blanket of unhealthy substances, other undiagnosed issues may come to light. Beyond talking to a doctor, it would never hurt to talk to a psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, dietitian or any other qualified dr beyond a GP who could help guide you in the right direction.

In the meantime, I would say, get some strides in the fresh air and sun when you can, try and sleep regularly, reach out whenever you can and eat as well as you can.
I will get better!

Sorry for forgetting to say this! Awesome 100 days!
Old 02-26-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

PAWS hit me hard around 100 days......right on time....sigh.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, the good news is, if it's Paws, there are things you can do about it.
For me personally that was getting a sponsor and starting to work the 12-step recovery program. Eating better. Reaching out more and isolating less.

This article might help you pinpoint some things you could add into your recovery plan... https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

Hang in there. It does get better.

BB
Old 02-26-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Bery bean says if it is Paws Tthat link has a giood deal of infor on how to mitigate its effects.

I don't know whether the stuff you've been talking is a factor or not - I think you'll have to speak with your Dr about that one
D
Old 02-27-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there

I didn't get on very well when I took milk thistle.
Why not try a week without and see if it is the milk thistle that does not agree with your body 100%.
Obviously report back to your GP.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I too suffered severe and prolonged PAWS, from the beginning. Over the summer of 2016 (so from 4-6 mo) I saw a good shift forward. Time took it's time healing me!

The best things I could do is stay sober, consult my drs, and try to be patient while taking good care of myself and learning to listen to my body.

Best to you.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!!!