Notices

Support for my bachelorette tonight

Old 02-12-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nova84 View Post
I commend you icandothis20. A 5 month period of sobriety ended for me because I couldn't reconcile having my hen do and wedding without alcohol. I wish I'd done both sober...I have regrets about my wedding party because I got so drunk. I am now at 250+ days of sobriety having had to experience many more regrets between those 5 months ending and embracing sobriety again 9 months ago. You will NOT regret being sober for your bachelorette and wedding I promise you 💜
Thanks for this- It really helped me before going out. I am sooooo glad I didnt listen to my AV, your experience helps me to realize im not missing out, im doing something good!
Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4thegirls View Post
This made me cry tears of joy! I thank God I had not fallen into alcoholism by the time I got married. There was no alcohol at my bachelorette party--my maid of honor didnt drink and it didn't even occur to me to drink. We were so busy talking to people at our wedding, someone gave me a glass of champagne I had one sip of. I have to marvel now at these things. What a wonderful thing that you will remember all of this and be a dignified bride. Now keep it up and be the most sublime thing of all: the mother who's children have never seen her drunk. Do it for all of us miserable sods who embarrassed, neglected and horrified our own kids. Ugh. God bless you lady!
Thank you!! I do not want to be a drunk bride I want dignity! Its funny that you say that, because my entire childhood was riddled with an alcohol father. I vowed i would never allow my children to see me drink alcohol!!!!