Notices

Can't find my way back

Old 01-31-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't find my way back

Hi SR friends,

Just checking in...I miss this support group, and I need help to get back on track.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coming back is as easy as what you just did! Now, make a plan, put down the drink and jump right back in. We would love to see you here and you know the support is always available- what's not to love?

Join the 24 hour thread and make a commitment to YOU every day, starting with the first one.

You deserve it.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Wildflower. Yes, it can be hard to come back and re-commit after a relapse. You can do this, though. By posting, you've indicated a desire to remain alcohol free and that's a huge start. As Viking suggested, join the 24 hour thread and make a commitment. As you already know, there is a lot of support here and we will help you along the way. Just take one day at a time.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am feeling so low...I have failed again.I tried to stay sober, and that didn't work, I tried to moderate my drinking...that lasted about 1 month. Now, I don't know what to do.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah you do.....it's just making that leap, wildflower. making the commitment. you just have to give up ONE thing.....just one. and you will have the freedom to live a full happy productive life.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi wildflower,

I think most of us here have had multiple attempts to quit or moderate, it is an ongoing process. You are back here posting and seeking support, that is a huge step in the right direction.

Perhaps have a look at your plan in previous attempts and use it as a learning tool, what can you change this time to have a different outcome? Nobody here considers you a failure, you are trying to figure this out and we are here trying to figure it out right alongside you.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back wildflower

I think it's good to look at what you done in the past to stay sober and then think about things you can add to that, or replace it, as needs be?

Why not post in the Class of February support thread as a start? always good to get in on the ground floor

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-1-a.html

D
Old 01-31-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're having a hard time Wildflower. Like you, I relapsed many times before I finally was able to get some solid recovery time. The biggest change for me this time around has been giving up the fight/struggle and CHOOSING to not drink. Life is SO much better sober and the longer it's been out of my life, the easier it has become. Wishing you lots of success this time around!
Old 01-31-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Wildflower, I am glad you are here. I know it sounds cliche, but you know how to do this, one day at a time.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, how about ...

1) pour out any booze you may have left
2) commit to staying sober for today (one day at a time)
3) write a list of the ways that drinking alcohol adversly affects different areas of your life (relationships, financial, health - physical and emotional and mental health), career, home, ability to live by your own principles and be true to yourself)
4) keep this HALT triggers in check.

Maybe think about the things that you weren't willing to do last time you attempted sobriety and reconsider them. Something you dismissed might be the thing that could make sobriety achievable, sustainable, bearable, and one day preferable for you.

Glad you're back here and posting.

BB
Old 01-31-2018, 11:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey welcome back We miss you and it's great to see you back.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Now, I don't know what to do.
sure ya do!
look at what youve done in the past to remain sober- look at what does and doesnt help.
dont do what doesnt help and what led you to a drink.
and do what does help.
add to it,too. theres recovery plans/programs to help,too.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The key for me has been finally accepting the simple fact that I will never be able to moderate my drinking( it only took 40+ years). Once you really accept that, then the only rational thing to do is never drink again. It is hard at first, but so worth it!