Notices

Going into Day 6 - Feel better

Old 01-24-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going into Day 6 - Feel better

Hello all,

Firstly, this forum has been an amazing support and educational resource. This will be my last update for awhile...

Day 1-3 were horrible with anxiety, not sleeping for 40 hours with massive hypnic jerks, and my body was just a wreck mentally and physically. I had to finally break down on day 3 and check into the ER as at home my blood pressure peaked to 198/120.. My ER experience wasn't pleasant as I was seemingly looked down on because I admitted I felt I was going through alcohol withdrawals. There my BP spiked to 209, but they didn't feel it was urgent.. Did some blood panels and gave me a prescription for Librium (not my first time with this). I was in and out within 90 mins...

Since I've gradually felt better, I've been eating well, juicing vegetables twice a day, taking massive doses of supplements as I was deficient in vit B, potassium, and magnesium (all can cause anxiety and depression) and going slow on Librium to ease anxiety. The last two nights I had very sound sleep.

Day 6, I actually felt elated.. A joy that I haven't felt in a long time. I felt motivated and did some work around the house. My BP is down to 119/88 (what a diff) and I really feel no anxiety.. I'm bracing myself as I'm sure there will be days I don't feel this well...

Now the withdrawal stage appears to be subsiding, my next step is the most challenging.. Trying to convince myself that I'm better now and having a few drinks is fine. This was the biggest challenge for me in my past bouts of brief sobriety..

I wrote this for anyone that was going through similar hours/days after they stopped drinking. The pure hell of it and thinking "am I going to get better? and I going insane?" - It does get better. But please be careful, and see a doctor if it becomes unbearable. Withdrawal is no joke. With my BP I could have easily had a heart attack or stroked out.

Good luck to you all, thanks again (I'll still be lurking and in the chat room).
Old 01-24-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why the lurking and no posting Juicer?

D
Old 01-24-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing Juicer and glad you are getting healthy! And monitoring that health. Your focus is inspiring.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Juicer! Day 6 for me too. My detox was rough as well, but I saw my dr first so he was able to prescribe something to ease some of the discomfort and protect from seizures. I’m feeling great today, but constantly reminding myself not to let my guard down. Ive gone to a meeting each day since Monday and I’m finding great comfort in that and also these forums. Let’s stay strong together! Elated beats defeated!!