Notices

Fb

Old 01-24-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fb

I need support. I am so ashamed I did the old drink and dial but via facebook. I need to forgive myself and move on just cringing at the thought of how careless I was.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you just delete what you wrote? Can you temporarily make your page invisible? My drinking ended 35 years ago so it was way before the internet and I have thought frequently how grateful I am for that. But apologize if necessary and move on. Just don't drink today. This is one more reason not to ever pick up again. And finally, think about getting off facebook. It seems to cause more problems than anything.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Soupcon. I deleted most posts but did private messaging. I agree I should delete my account. FB it is a huge trigger for me. I know of Sober people that gave me that suggestion a long time ago. I am just full of regret and needed a little understanding Congrats on your 35 years what a true inspiration. Thank you
Old 01-24-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've posted some, albeit 'funny' to most,myself included even sober, jacked up stuff on FB while drunk. Stuff I'd normally send as a funny message sober was just out there for a few hours until I deleted it. Of course my FB is private and only my friends can see my stuff,but I'm sure a few were thinking; "That fools drunk as hell!"
Old 01-24-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If I had a dollar for every story I've heard about the regrettable use of social media. Or a dollar for the addictive nature of social media. Or a dollar for how it triggers, or causes depression, anxiety, overall 'less than-ness". I'd probably have 10 grand. For real. I'd like more than 10 grand so make it 1000 dollars. I'm greedy.

Maybe just stay away, or deactivate or whatever it is one does until you've been sober a while. I have done so many unbelievably disturbing things while drunk. Thank god I don't do social media. I can't even imagine.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For those of us who have done the same, then promised we would
never post online when drinking, remember:

the you that made the promise is no longer in charge, basically no longer exists,
has no authority, no power, once you've been drinking.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used to get up in the morning and hurry to open FB and see if I posted something stupid while drinking. Most times it was false alarms.
Most people chalk it up to just having too many,it happened.
A lot of times it's the anxiety that alcohol causes that makes it bigger than it is.

Best way to avoid this is to quit alcohol for good.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm only 37 days sober this time, but I've always been an avid FB lurker/stalker, especially when drinking. I've replaced 80% of my FB time with SR. I'm so over the humble-bragging of friends, annoying political opinions, ads, you name it.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Makes me feel not so alone.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

omg the cringeworthy thingsI have done on social media while drinking. I'm sure we can all relate here. hugs