Notices

When did you stop missing the feeling?

Old 01-07-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I still miss the 'good times' had with my exAgf,but I would never want to have any type of relationship with her again. The 'good times' are fleeting thoughts that get overrun quickly by the 'bad times' now. Just like with booze and I. Toxic hamster wheel!
Old 01-07-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
under new management

I had the same experience as Nonsensical. I drank long past the time that I could find the "euphoric" buzz.

In the end days of my drinking career, I went from 1st drink to instant brain mush.

One of my favorite quotes - "Don't look backwards, you're not going that way"

Old 01-07-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Caralara

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
The good feelings I get every day from my sobriety are way better than the buzz I used to get from beer. Also more profound and long-lasting. I'm not missing anything at all.
I feel exactly the same I love feeling normal again and I'm only on day 12
To many bad memories
Old 01-07-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
Instead of thinking of the death of someone you held dear I think of it as an old friend who took advantage of you to the point where you had to cut them off.

Sure you kind of miss them but thinking about them isn't really pleasant memories.
I like this, not thought of it that way before.

I sometimes think of the fun I had while drinking & some wild times, but it wasn't like that near the end. I didn't drink to get to drunk, I drank to numb pain & feelings. As others have said, I don't romanticise those old fun days...when I think about it realistically i spent many years being a binge (drink to get drunk) drinker, & if I'm honest with myself a lot of those days were NOT fun, but some were of course! I ended up a steady, bottle a day person which was the pain numbing drinking.