Notices

in crisis - mum manipulated me

Old 01-07-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Your mum and sister could use the block facility as well, IF they chose to. But at the moment they're keeping the drama alive. They're adults and that's their choice.

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, change the person I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Whatever they think, you are doing the right thing. Take after yourself, stay sober keep from harming, and you'll grown stonger and stronger. Your job is your recovery. Your responsibility is your behaviour. And the same goes for all of them. Mum, sister and niece.

X
Old 01-07-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Am staying away from whats going on
Old 01-07-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I understand wanting to help others , especially people in your family more than anyone. Everyone else is correct , first you have to worry about you. It's a very tough situation but I know you can find the strength to stay strong and if you need people to talk too there are plenty of us here, much love.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Earth Child

well its looks like i have caught my husband flu got an appointment today unsure if i'll be able to go to any meetings for the time being my husband dont want me to get a chest infection but i really have to get to meeting he dont understand that i have to go to them - unsure what i can do to makes the flu go away my husband isnt very well him self - drink loads of hot drinks keeping myself wrapped up etc should help i use to have asthma but my dr felt i didnt need the flu jab this year as i have no asthma symptoms for over a year now
maybe i should have gotten it - its nearly 7 am my appointment isnt until 1pm
unsure what am going to do until then need to keep myself busy and warm
Old 01-08-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can just read and post here GMS or check out the Arcade?
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/arcade.html

Hope you feel better soon

D
Old 01-08-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Am not really a games person ...but thank you for the link
just hanging out until my appointment my pc just had a fit had to restart i think we are needing to get a new pc i have a laptop but its kinda old i think i need an upgrade but cant afford that at the moment - just going to have to keep this one ticking this is my husbands pc my pc is attached to the tv at the moment but i can use that one as well just have to remember my passwords
for here and i do remember it so no problems got another appointment with my pastor on Thursday kinda need to go to that one as well yea i'll hang out here
Old 01-08-2018, 12:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a games person either but I thought it as worth a shot

I hope the time will go quickly til your appointment

D
Old 01-08-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello GrantMeSerenity

Can I just say a big 'thank you' for sharing positive way you are dealing with this. I'm very very early in recovery (day 4) and it really helps me to hear of people who want to drink (or use another escape) but make a different, better, decision.

I'm sorry about the flu. I hope it doesn't mess up meeting attendance, but even if you are too ill to get to the meeting it seems you dealing with things really positively.

You have helped me today.

Michael
Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I would urge you to take care of yourself and step away.

I had to learn to do this too from my family. Step away from their chaos.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Originally Posted by Emjay2018 View Post
Hello GrantMeSerenity

Can I just say a big 'thank you' for sharing positive way you are dealing with this. I'm very very early in recovery (day 4) and it really helps me to hear of people who want to drink (or use another escape) but make a different, better, decision.

I'm sorry about the flu. I hope it doesn't mess up meeting attendance, but even if you are too ill to get to the meeting it seems you dealing with things really positively.

You have helped me today.

Michael
thank you for saying that i am glad that my post has helping you i think i should be more positive than negative with what is going on in my life am normally a negative person most of the time but things of late has changed the fact am going to ca and praying before when i was at aa i wasnt doing that so much.
this time around i feel am able to help myself more and help others as well my husband has also noticed this
despite what going on at the moment myself esteem is better as well