Notices

New Years Eve

Old 01-01-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What a great night we had- and today, wow, I am seeing such rewards of sobriety.

It was just my new husband and moi, as the step daughter was at a friend's, and I made a wonderful dinner. We are currently catching up on "Suits" and watched some, and I was ready for bed about 830! We dozed a bit and he woke me up at 12:02. It was a perfect, happy night.

I woke up stupid early (4am, as I often do) and my heart was SO FULL when I got a text at 6am from my step daughter, asking if I was up and could get her dad so he could come get her from the friend's house. (She was fine, just over being in the aftermath of whatever happened last night). First, that she knew I'd be the one up earliest and we have a relationship where she did that - and that she knew we would both be sober and able to respond- and then just knowing that our sobriety and family easily come first. Amazing.

Since then, I held my weekly recovery mtg then we went to an AA meeting, then (on a VERY cold Atlanta day- 19 low -24 degrees, as the high) went for my first run of the year.

Blessed beyond measure.

Happy NY to all!!
Old 01-01-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds like all you sober folk had a good New Year's Eve. Perhaps it's not a question of "giving up" the booze but getting the greatest gift of all, sobriety! "Giving up" a poison! A real poison, a soul killer!

W.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hope 2018 is off to a good start for you all. My NYE was very low key this time. I didn't have to work for the first time in recent memory (since I'm a chef it's normally a rough night) so it was just chilling and watching a movie. Now I've got five sober NYEs under my belt and I really do enjoy them more.