Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

The only New Years resolution that matters...let's make it together.

Notices

The only New Years resolution that matters...let's make it together.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Happy New Year everyone!

My NYE was spectacular. Had dinner with friends (last day of diet cheat) and then saw Todd Rundgren...fantastic show. Best non-festival show of the year, and a great way to end my fantastic 2017.

He ended at 11pm and we went next door to a bar. Everyone toasted the countdown with champagne, except me with my non-alcoholic ginger beer (like ginger ale but way more gingery and less sweet). I was perfectly happy!

It was good to reflect on the year. 2017 was my hardest year as an adult, but also my best. I've made a ton of positive changes, starting with sobriety, and my life looks really good from here.

I'll occasionally bump this thread to see how we're all doing throughout the year, and to share our stories.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm envious that you got to see Todd Rundgren! I love his music. Years ago when I lived in the West Village, he lived across the street from me. I never met him tho, but have lots of his albums.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I love Todd too - just have to smile every time I hear 'Bang the Drum'. Glad you had a great time MM.