Notices

The Great Xmas Washup

Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Wildflower,

The links that Dee posted are great ones. The monthly classes are perfect because everyone is around the da e point in recovery, so you should definitely Jin the December class.

You mentioned how it seems everyone is just checking in and sharing about their lives in some of the threads, and there is definitely a lot of that, the reason it happens is because many of us do log on here daily, often times more than once, and we have built a supportive community. We are here to celebrate the good things in our lives, and support through the tough. It would be great for you to become part of this
community.

❤️Delilah
Thank you, the truth is..I don't feel "good enough" because I don't have enough sober time. I have felt this way for the past few years, never quite good enough to be part of the "group". I love the support here, but there is definitely some cliques and I have always felt like an outsider. I'm not being negative or ungrateful, just truthful.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Thank you, the truth is..I don't feel "good enough" because I don't have enough sober time. I have felt this way for the past few years, never quite good enough to be part of the "group". I love the support here, but there is definitely some cliques and I have always felt like an outsider. I'm not being negative or ungrateful, just truthful.
Hi Wildflower,

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I remember logging on after another Day One, and I always worried about what others were thinking about me being back "again," but I found that everyone really was supportive, and wanted me to get whatever needed to be sober.

One of my favorite threads is the 24 hour thread, I know I would love to see you on there each day, Venuscat (aka Suze) posts milestones each day, she posts weeks, months, and years, it is a nice way to celebrate the milestones of everyone as we go. Log on tomorrow and then next week we can celebrate your one week of sobriety.

I hope to see you on there tomorrow, if not, I will keep looking for your posts, and cheering you on. You are here, and I know you want to be sober.

You can and will do this!!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 12-25-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Delilah1,

Just the thought that you are here, even caring that I post tomorrow. It means everything, I want to join "for real" and stop feeling like an outsider. Thank you for that opportunity. Blessings to you..XX
Old 12-25-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Delilah1,

Just the thought that you are here, even caring that I post tomorrow. It means everything, I want to join "for real" and stop feeling like an outsider. Thank you for that opportunity. Blessings to you..XX
Looking forward to that post tomorrow, try to get some sleep!
Old 12-25-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wildflower, I understand what you’re saying. The December class is awesome! It’s helped a lot. Don’t give up!
Old 12-26-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Great post dee x
As always u offer great advice and welcome us strugglers with such enthusiasm and patience its great x hence why i always come back here to SR x

There is so much info and advice and support from so many wonderful people x
Old 12-26-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great post Dee,without blowing bubbles up your bum your posts and support have been very influential to my recovery and I am positive without you been here I would not have made it

Thank you ! And merry Christmas ! :-)
Old 12-26-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Mr

Dee your the man. Thanks as always.

just for info: the first link gives a 404 (the pdf is no longer on the server)
Old 12-26-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Dee your the man. Thanks as always.

just for info: the first link gives a 404 (the pdf is no longer on the server)
I've updated the link - thanks

D
Old 12-26-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, Hevyn, least, and Anna.

As I said, I'm sure this irrational thinking and guilt. Guilt for not staying sober, shame to be posting that I drank instead of what I was going to do (self spa day at home). I am so grateful for the support here, it's my STINKING THINKING that gets the best of me.
I'm going to get back on the horse, start a new plan, get sober for a new year! I will stay here because I know it works (even when we don't think it's working) Love you all for your support...Thank you!!!
Hey Wildflower, I washed up today back here after relapsing on Christmas. I’ve been coming here a long time as well. You will never be alone if you surface day1 here. I need to write up a new plan.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Fantastic Dee!!
Old 12-26-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I don't really remember what was going on four years ago today....

Because I was mostly blacked-out.

I'd made it through Christmas sort of holding it together and seeming OK to most of those around me. I'd been on what amounted to a nonstop binge for nearly a year and a half after figuring I was "OK to drink again" on the heels of a 5 month sobriety attempt.

My kids went back to their mother on Christmas Day and the black, depression, sadness, lonliness, unsettledness, whateverness of my alcoholism kicked in. I was basically on a bender.

The 28th was my sobriety date..... after I came to from the darkness of a blackout that lasted basically the whole of the holiday season.... there are bits and pieces of that Christmas week in my memory. Not the least of which coming to with police in my house.... I very nearly wound up in a situation where I'd have lost my children.

The point is - if you fell down this Christmas where sobriety is concerned; get back up. Let THIS be your turnaround story. Let the blackness of this holiday that's weighing on you be replaced by the bright hope of Christmas Yet To Come. Like old Ebeneezer Scrooge, don't let another sun set on your rich, abundant life potential without you embracing sobriety and taking action to support it.

YOU. CAN. DO. IT.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thank you FreeOwl.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Hey Wildflower, I washed up today back here after relapsing on Christmas. I’ve been coming here a long time as well. You will never be alone if you surface day1 here. I need to write up a new plan.
Hi Tang, I'm still 'washed up", can't seem to get back on the wagon. Not doing it for fun, doing it because I can't stand the hangover. I'm gonna have to face this...one way or another
Old 12-28-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

new years bump

D