Notices

Sorry! Repost.Waiting a bit to really delve into AA?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MindfulMan;6681120]Are you getting any medical treatment for the anxiety/social anxiety and BPD?

Thanks. Yes, I am on Zoloft and currently tapering off (following doctor's instructions) of Clonazapem (probably another source of increased anxiety as I am taking less than I have been for the past 3 years but I want to be done with it). I also see a great psych who specializes in BPD.

I did really enjoy my first meeting however it was only four people and they asked me if I would like to share. I was okay sharing at the time but I suppose I'm fearful that if that were to happen again and I was put on the spot I might not handle it as well. I also felt a bit uncomfortable at the end as a few of the people asked me what meetings I would be attending the following day, etc. Not sure why that made me uncomfortable...it just did. This is all just the over thinker in me.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just want to throw it out there that there are a lot of people who get sober without going to meetings. I'm one of them. I use AVRT and SR as my tools, as well as counseling in the beginning. Coming on here and reading about recovery stuff and interacting with others going through the same thing is as close as I get to meetings. You don't need AA.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ya say ya have a friend that started an AA meeting. maybe you could call him and he could go to a meeting or 3 with ya? be there with ya walkin through the doors?
F.E.A.R.=
**** Everything And Run
or
Face Everything And Recover
Old 11-21-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I just want to throw it out there that there are a lot of people who get sober without going to meetings. I'm one of them. I use AVRT and SR as my tools, as well as counseling in the beginning. Coming on here and reading about recovery stuff and interacting with others going through the same thing is as close as I get to meetings. You don't need AA.
Reading into AVRT now... I appreciate you mentioning it as I was unfamiliar .
Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Have a read around the Secular Connection subforum here on SR. Lots of really great threads about AVRT.