Notices

No vodka since Saturday

Old 10-09-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No vodka since Saturday

That’s a huge accomplishment for me. I was off work yesterday so not drinking my drink of choice and not getting drunk is a big deal. I didn’t sleep well last night and had minor sweats off and on. I’m already feeling the mental effects of not having vodka. I’m also feeling slightly depressed.

I know this is all typical and it will pass. For now I’m just going to deal with it and keep moving forward.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How much do you usually drink?
Old 10-09-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job Sinderos- glad to see you posting.

What's your plan for getting and staying sober this time?

Hope to keep seeing you here. You can do this.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
How much do you usually drink?
A lot. I would pour the first drink when I get home from work and drink until I “go to sleep”. 2 ounces in each drink. Easily a pint or more.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Good job Sinderos- glad to see you posting.

What's your plan for getting and staying sober this time?
I’m going to a therapist twice a month and will be attending AA. I’m also going to be working toward putting the plan in place that Dee has posted on here.

I’m going to figure out something I enjoy doing that doesn’t involve alcohol. Right now I can’t imagine what sober people do all evening without drinking. Thankfully I work my part time job tonight so I won’t be home until 9 pm or later.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
Right now I can’t imagine what sober people do all evening without drinking.
Sobriety brings on many, many opportunities. There isn't much you can't do sober. Your energy comes back, your outlook is positive, the future looks brighter and life is better. There is nothing holding you back! You will gravitate back to the things you really loved to do before alcohol took them away with it's lies. Everyday is an adventure!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mr

I hope you do "keep moving forward"
Because the other path is not pretty.

The first couple of days are tough, the sweats etc but in a month or two you feel way better.

You have to want it though. Every single day you have to be prepared for the craving the AV who can strike like lightening when your feeling you utter worst !

Whats your plan ?

We live
"I can’t imagine what sober people do all evening without drinking."
Old 10-09-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Sobriety brings on many, many opportunities. There isn't much you can't do sober. Your energy comes back, your outlook is positive, the future looks brighter and life is better. There is nothing holding you back! You will gravitate back to the things you really loved to do before alcohol took them away with it's lies. Everyday is an adventure!
Thank you. That is a real encouragement. As of now I’m planning on attending an AA meeting at 7:00 tomorrow night. I get off at 4. That will give me something to focus on after work and break up the evening. Since I work tonight I’m going to an AA meeting at lunch. I’m going to try hard to go to one every day. I’m putting my fears aside and realizing I need to help myself instead of worrying about what the people think that I work with, if they were to find out.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

"What everyone else thinks of you is none of your business!"
Focus on yourself...put your energy into YOU!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
That’s a huge accomplishment for me. I was off work yesterday so not drinking my drink of choice and not getting drunk is a big deal. I didn’t sleep well last night and had minor sweats off and on. I’m already feeling the mental effects of not having vodka. I’m also feeling slightly depressed.

I know this is all typical and it will pass. For now I’m just going to deal with it and keep moving forward.
HUGE accomplishment, Sinderos! Congratulations!! It is inspiring to read your words. How are you feeling today?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenSwimmer View Post
HUGE accomplishment, Sinderos! Congratulations!! It is inspiring to read your words. How are you feeling today?
I’m feeling really positive today. I’m proud of myself for taking steps to improve my life. Surprisingly I’m looking forward to AA at lunch today. I hope to get some phone numbers so I will have someone to call if needed when I get off work tonight. That’s my weak time.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

It gets better and better. You will feel alive again and don't forget this: when you look in the mirror today...give yourself a big smile!
Look out world...here you come!!!!