Notices

Screw this

Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Screw this

I can't do it. I have to try. I have NO discipline. No follow thru. Ugh. Going to meeting tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

See how you feel after your meeting ,you might be pleasantly surprised and come out with a better outlook . You CAN do it !!! speak to those how have done it and are doing it , believe in yourself .
Old 10-07-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me acceptance helped a lot. I finally accepted that my drinking was self destructive and always will be.

Once you take the option of drinking off the table, you make room for other better ways of dealing with things to come in
Old 10-07-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm glad i saw this as i was thinking last night about the end of my drinking and the downfall that ensued with that. All i really remember is feeling hopeless & choosing alcohol over anything Inc Mrs Sw, family & friends

At the end i remember feeling exactly.. how you are feeling now -
like my life was never going to get better - i was 31 and if i carried on the self destructive path i was on then it was only a matter of time before i died because of it

Point being is i couldn't see where i am now back then, how good life is with no alcohol, i can eat again i read now i have good relationships with people (mostly) - i always say recovery is an upgrade of life, it still has its bad moments but things are incredibly better now - only problemo is that your with the thinking i had back then where what I'm saying to you now sounds like a dream at best, but it really isn't

It's really a difficult time admitting the problem & the decisions & sacrifices you will have to make but i can promise you 100% it is really worth it

Don't give up and no matter what do not drink

Last edited by Soberwolf; 10-07-2017 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-07-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
tomorrow.
Going to keep bumping this until you make it today.