Blogs


Notices

How are y'all this evening

Old 08-31-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
How are y'all this evening

Hows everyone doing this evening? Or afternoon or morning or night or wherever you are lol

Just had a cuppa tea and a cigarette whilst listening to chinese music.
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-31-2017), Jezzi (08-31-2017), MythOfSisyphus (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017), tomsteve (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to Live
 
Jezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 203
Blog Entries: 5
It's 11:30 am here. I took my older kids to school, then went grocery shopping with my 4 year old. He picked out quite a few things that probably aren't necessary

How are you doing?
Jezzi is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jezzi For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberTyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Denmark
Posts: 257
Good evening! Just had a coffee, been Skyping with my beloved GF and soon I'll go outside to smoke a pipe of tobacco and look if there are any stars to see in the sky.
SoberTyger is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoberTyger For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
It's 11:30 am here. I took my older kids to school, then went grocery shopping with my 4 year old. He picked out quite a few things that probably aren't necessary

How are you doing?
I'm ok thanks, stomach a bit queezy but il live lol
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Jezzi (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
Good evening! Just had a coffee, been Skyping with my beloved GF and soon I'll go outside to smoke a pipe of tobacco and look if there are any stars to see in the sky.
My dad used to smoke pipe tobacco....smells AWESOME!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Jezzi (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Member
 
Berrybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,868
Blog Entries: 2
A good day.

Payday - so bought a new (back-to-school) dress I've had my eye on and some autumn tights seeing as summer is officially 'over' next Monday when Autumn term starts.

Tea and cake with my favourite vicar in my favourite tea-rooms

Lunch with a lady from church who was feeling a little low as its a year today since her husband passed away - it was nice to catch up with her and distract her a little

Started study for the first module of my new course which starts soon (exciting)

Finished prepping for talk I'm doing at church on Sunday - nervous-excited about that


Just having a coffee break (amond-soy-latte) then PJ's, a little more study then bed.

I just wish every day was like this. Never mind - back to school next week then things will really get busy!!

BB
Berrybean is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Berrybean For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), Jezzi (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
A good day.

Payday - so bought a new (back-to-school) dress I've had my eye on and some autumn tights seeing as summer is officially 'over' next Monday when Autumn term starts.

Tea and cake with my favourite vicar in my favourite tea-rooms

Lunch with a lady from church who was feeling a little low as its a year today since her husband passed away - it was nice to catch up with her and distract her a little

Started study for the first module of my new course which starts soon (exciting)

Finished prepping for talk I'm doing at church on Sunday - nervous-excited about that


Just having a coffee break (amond-soy-latte) then PJ's, a little more study then bed.

I just wish every day was like this. Never mind - back to school next week then things will really get busy!!

BB
Ya can't go wrong with tea and cake!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberTyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Denmark
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
My dad used to smoke pipe tobacco....smells AWESOME!
My dad is a pipe smoker too, that is how i started. I started smoking cigarettes at parties with my mates as a teenager, but I didn't dare starting to smoke any at home - but as my dad is a pipe smoker, i figured if I picked up the pipe he wouldn't argue with me
Been a pipe smoker ever since, and probably the only younger person these days smoking pipe
I bet i look the deal, being a long haired, denim and leather wearing heavy metal guy, smoking pipe like a granddad
SoberTyger is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoberTyger For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Chilledice (08-31-2017), Jezzi (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
My dad is a pipe smoker too, that is how i started. I started smoking cigarettes at parties with my mates as a teenager, but I didn't dare starting to smoke any at home - but as my dad is a pipe smoker, i figured if I picked up the pipe he wouldn't argue with me
Been a pipe smoker ever since, and probably the only younger person these days smoking pipe
I bet i look the deal, being a long haired, denim and leather wearing heavy metal guy, smoking pipe like a granddad

Lol that's just epic man! I smoke rolled tobacco here, done it on skype once and my american friend thought I was smoking a joint haha had to put her straight.

I notice your from Norway that's awesome, I lived in Finland a decade ago and the nature there blew my mind!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Jezzi (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Member
 
Berrybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,868
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Ya can't go wrong with tea and cake!
No.

I went for banana and dark choc chip with Russian coffee. Love that stuff. Although to be honest it was as much because I couldn't cope with choosing tea today. They have over a hundred to choose from, which can sometimes make it a bit overwhelming. I had a Mavis (Open All Hours ) moment, hence the coffee lol

BB
Berrybean is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berrybean For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 30,206
My 22-y-o son smokes a pipe, too.
Gilmer is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gilmer For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
9.15pm here. An emotional day reviewing reasons not to drink myself into oblivion. There has to be more to life..
SoberedupGirl is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberedupGirl For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by SoberedupGirl View Post
9.15pm here. An emotional day reviewing reasons not to drink myself into oblivion. There has to be more to life..
I hear ya I really do, just keep in mind that we are all one drink away from disaster if we pick up.

Keep going strong.
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017), SoberedupGirl (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Considering I'm already a smoker I might just start smoking a pipe, 32 in two weeks and I think a pipe might just suit me LOL

Love the smell of them!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Member
 
Berrybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,868
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by SoberedupGirl View Post
9.15pm here. An emotional day reviewing reasons not to drink myself into oblivion. There has to be more to life..
There is SO much more to life.

Stick with it x
Berrybean is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Berrybean For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017), SoberedupGirl (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
saoutchik
 
saoutchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: London
Posts: 13,162
Just gone 9.30pm here. My youngest daughter dropped in briefly on her way to see some friends. She has been turned down for The Apprentice apparently. I did not know she had applied. I don't think she has really done enough to get chosen but I kept that thought to myself.
saoutchik is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoutchik For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Chilledice (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sober style
 
SnazzyDresser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,074
I'm killing it today! All systems are go, baby. Stocked up on Diet Dr. Pepper and salty snacks for the holiday weekend, checked out new books from the library, got my computer hooked up to the "internet". The world is truly my oyster.
SnazzyDresser is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnazzyDresser For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Chilledice (08-31-2017), Jezzi (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Member
 
Berrybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,868
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Just gone 9.30pm here. My youngest daughter dropped in briefly on her way to see some friends. She has been turned down for The Apprentice apparently. I did not know she had applied. I don't think she has really done enough to get chosen but I kept that thought to myself.
Well done.

I was told "Berry. Always ask yourself, does it need to be said? Does it need to be said now? Does it need to be said by me? If the answer to any of those things is "No" then keep schtum. And no buts!"

I do try..

But it's SO difficult
Berrybean is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berrybean For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Member
 
JimiC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 926
This thread makes me want to try diet Dr. Pepper and an almond soy latte! That is all
JimiC is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimiC For This Useful Post:
Berrybean (08-31-2017), Chilledice (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by JCNY View Post
This thread makes me want to try diet Dr. Pepper and an almond soy latte! That is all
Mixed together? I might try that!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
MythOfSisyphus (08-31-2017), saoutchik (08-31-2017)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 AM.