SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   How are y'all this evening (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/415221-how-yall-evening.html)

Chilledice 08-31-2017 11:32 AM

How are y'all this evening

Hows everyone doing this evening? Or afternoon or morning or night or wherever you are lol

Just had a cuppa tea and a cigarette whilst listening to chinese music.

Jezzi 08-31-2017 11:35 AM

It's 11:30 am here. I took my older kids to school, then went grocery shopping with my 4 year old. He picked out quite a few things that probably aren't necessary :lmao

How are you doing?

SoberTyger 08-31-2017 11:36 AM

Good evening! Just had a coffee, been Skyping with my beloved GF and soon I'll go outside to smoke a pipe of tobacco and look if there are any stars to see in the sky.

Chilledice 08-31-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jezzi (Post 6592214)
It's 11:30 am here. I took my older kids to school, then went grocery shopping with my 4 year old. He picked out quite a few things that probably aren't necessary :lmao

How are you doing?

I'm ok thanks, stomach a bit queezy but il live lol

Chilledice 08-31-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SoberTyger (Post 6592215)
Good evening! Just had a coffee, been Skyping with my beloved GF and soon I'll go outside to smoke a pipe of tobacco and look if there are any stars to see in the sky.

My dad used to smoke pipe tobacco....smells AWESOME!

Berrybean 08-31-2017 11:43 AM

A good day.

Payday - so bought a new (back-to-school) dress I've had my eye on and some autumn tights seeing as summer is officially 'over' next Monday when Autumn term starts.

Tea and cake with my favourite vicar in my favourite tea-rooms

Lunch with a lady from church who was feeling a little low as its a year today since her husband passed away - it was nice to catch up with her and distract her a little

Started study for the first module of my new course which starts soon (exciting)

Finished prepping for talk I'm doing at church on Sunday - nervous-excited about that

Just having a coffee break (amond-soy-latte) then PJ's, a little more study then bed.

I just wish every day was like this. Never mind - back to school next week then things will really get busy!!

BB

Chilledice 08-31-2017 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Berrybean (Post 6592223)
A good day.

Payday - so bought a new (back-to-school) dress I've had my eye on and some autumn tights seeing as summer is officially 'over' next Monday when Autumn term starts.

Tea and cake with my favourite vicar in my favourite tea-rooms

Lunch with a lady from church who was feeling a little low as its a year today since her husband passed away - it was nice to catch up with her and distract her a little

Started study for the first module of my new course which starts soon (exciting)

Finished prepping for talk I'm doing at church on Sunday - nervous-excited about that

Just having a coffee break (amond-soy-latte) then PJ's, a little more study then bed.

I just wish every day was like this. Never mind - back to school next week then things will really get busy!!

BB

Ya can't go wrong with tea and cake!
:You_Rock_

SoberTyger 08-31-2017 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chilledice (Post 6592221)
My dad used to smoke pipe tobacco....smells AWESOME!

My dad is a pipe smoker too, that is how i started. I started smoking cigarettes at parties with my mates as a teenager, but I didn't dare starting to smoke any at home - but as my dad is a pipe smoker, i figured if I picked up the pipe he wouldn't argue with me :D
Been a pipe smoker ever since, and probably the only younger person these days smoking pipe :D
I bet i look the deal, being a long haired, denim and leather wearing heavy metal guy, smoking pipe like a granddad :D

Chilledice 08-31-2017 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by SoberTyger (Post 6592237)
My dad is a pipe smoker too, that is how i started. I started smoking cigarettes at parties with my mates as a teenager, but I didn't dare starting to smoke any at home - but as my dad is a pipe smoker, i figured if I picked up the pipe he wouldn't argue with me :D
Been a pipe smoker ever since, and probably the only younger person these days smoking pipe :D
I bet i look the deal, being a long haired, denim and leather wearing heavy metal guy, smoking pipe like a granddad :D

Lol that's just epic man! I smoke rolled tobacco here, done it on skype once and my american friend thought I was smoking a joint haha had to put her straight.

I notice your from Norway that's awesome, I lived in Finland a decade ago and the nature there blew my mind!

Berrybean 08-31-2017 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chilledice (Post 6592230)
Ya can't go wrong with tea and cake!
:You_Rock_

No.

I went for banana and dark choc chip with Russian coffee. Love that stuff. Although to be honest it was as much because I couldn't cope with choosing tea today. They have over a hundred to choose from, which can sometimes make it a bit overwhelming. I had a Mavis (Open All Hours ) moment, hence the coffee lol

BB

Gilmer 08-31-2017 01:15 PM

My 22-y-o son smokes a pipe, too. :)

SoberedupGirl 08-31-2017 01:16 PM

9.15pm here. An emotional day reviewing reasons not to drink myself into oblivion. There has to be more to life..

Chilledice 08-31-2017 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by SoberedupGirl (Post 6592333)
9.15pm here. An emotional day reviewing reasons not to drink myself into oblivion. There has to be more to life..

I hear ya I really do, just keep in mind that we are all one drink away from disaster if we pick up.

Keep going strong.

Chilledice 08-31-2017 01:19 PM

Considering I'm already a smoker I might just start smoking a pipe, 32 in two weeks and I think a pipe might just suit me LOL

Love the smell of them!

Berrybean 08-31-2017 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by SoberedupGirl (Post 6592333)

There is SO much more to life.

Stick with it x

saoutchik 08-31-2017 01:32 PM

Just gone 9.30pm here. My youngest daughter dropped in briefly on her way to see some friends. She has been turned down for The Apprentice apparently. I did not know she had applied. I don't think she has really done enough to get chosen but I kept that thought to myself.

SnazzyDresser 08-31-2017 01:35 PM

I'm killing it today! All systems are go, baby. Stocked up on Diet Dr. Pepper and salty snacks for the holiday weekend, checked out new books from the library, got my computer hooked up to the "internet". The world is truly my oyster.

Berrybean 08-31-2017 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6592346)
Just gone 9.30pm here. My youngest daughter dropped in briefly on her way to see some friends. She has been turned down for The Apprentice apparently. I did not know she had applied. I don't think she has really done enough to get chosen but I kept that thought to myself.

Well done.

I was told "Berry. Always ask yourself, does it need to be said? Does it need to be said now? Does it need to be said by me? If the answer to any of those things is "No" then keep schtum. And no buts!"

I do try..

But it's SO difficult :lmao

JimiC 08-31-2017 02:12 PM

This thread makes me want to try diet Dr. Pepper and an almond soy latte! That is all :)

Chilledice 08-31-2017 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JCNY (Post 6592394)
This thread makes me want to try diet Dr. Pepper and an almond soy latte! That is all :)

Mixed together? I might try that!