Notices

Slipped

Old 08-29-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SWB

Slipped

Well after 19 days of sobriety I screwed up and drank last night. I have to say honestly I really didn't enjoy it, and the way I feel this morning even less. Oh well back on the wagon.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that you drank. What will you do this time to keep going in your sobriety?

I know AA saved my life and there are other programs of action- that last word being the key as we have to put effort and change into action in our lives to get and stay sober.

Hope to see you around here.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been there and I never turned around the next day and got back on the wagon...so good for you!! Kudos.
Jules
Old 08-29-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't let one night of drinking ruin what you are working for. Just get back on the wagon and try to find out what you can do better to avoid slipping again. Getting back after one day is strong.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SWB, Drinking doesn't make us feel good, we're long past that point. Drink plenty of water today, don't have any alcohol in your house and do something to keep yourself accountable. Coming to SR, before you slip and talking about it helps.

There are plenty of us here, to help and listen to you
Old 08-29-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What happened?

Did you step on a banana peel and fell mouth first on an open bottle of booze?

These "slips" tend to be calculated. Figure out what happened, tweak plan and keep going.

We are here for support.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SWB

It was calculated, I'm on vacation walked to the hardware store to get something and found myself next door at the packie. Luckily I'm going to have a house full of family when they fly in tonight, that's enough to keep me sober. Getting caught would be way to easy.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWB View Post
It was calculated, I'm on vacation walked to the hardware store to get something and found myself next door at the packie. Luckily I'm going to have a house full of family when they fly in tonight, that's enough to keep me sober. Getting caught would be way to easy.
"Getting caught"?

You have to do this for you, ya know? If you're only quitting because someone else is watching, that's not going to be a good plan, right?

Why did you quit drinking? Did it affect you in some negative way or is it to make someone else happy?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWB View Post
. Oh well back on the wagon.
ya might want to consider changing this attitude. alcoholism loves an "oh well" attitude. alcoholism knows the person sayin this isnt dedicated to recovery and it will be easier to get on the wagon and drag them back off.
which, since ya fell off the wagon once, it may be wise to find a different mode of transportation. that one didnt seem to help keep ya sober.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you come up with a plan that will prevent another relapse. Relapsing may seem benign, but you never know where it might take you. I'm very glad you're back here.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back SWB
What changes do you think you'll make this time?

D