Notices

Rest of our lives

Old 08-27-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
under new management

I still struggle to see my future life without alcohol though

For myself, I have accepted that drinking will never work for me. Ever. I didn't drink to enjoy one drink, I drank to annihilation. It wasn't my intention but I couldn't control the outcome.

For some folks, not drinking just for today is more manageable than for the whole of their lives. I am on board with forever but 'just for today' works, too!

I hope you are doing okay, rainyengland
Old 08-27-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I too get very anxious anticipating events, last night it was my best friend's bday, the 3 drunk couples (incluiding me n hubs) mosketeers! The bday girl is on a diet and isnt drinking, me and my hubs arrived w Topo Chico, alcohol free wine and A/free sparkling wine, as well as o'douls, all for me in case I couldnt contain myself. First came the wine, it tasted so sweet and disgusting that I had to pass, then a non A beer, that was refreshing and calmed me down a bit, cake time came and we popped the sparkling, another over sweet and gross drink. I realized the topo chico was the only drink of them all that I enjoyed the best!

Later on, we helped one of the husbands with puking, the wife babbling around the kitchen, and the other 2 guys moderately drinking and having fun. I told my husband "I know I look like that when I drink and I hate to see my friend in that state". I feel like I was being a critic to my good friend, who, I had gotten drunk w multiple times, and its not fair, im not better than her!
Anyways, Im still sober and made it w/o a drink, my anxiety was gone as soon as people started to get drunk and making no sense, I was like "what for? no one is making sense anymore" me n bday girl where laughing and having fun and woke up making breakfast for all, what a non hangover feeling!!
Day 14 and counting.