Notices

Day 2 - Feeling a Little Lost

Old 08-02-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, and that's how I ended up drinking on Monday - and every day. Insane.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 2 is a much better place than day one! Each day will start to get a little better. I found SR through a similar search, and it has been the cornerstone of my recovery. Keep posting and reading!!!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Yes, and that's how I ended up drinking on Monday - and every day. Insane.
Yeah spiral out of control effect...how long have you been sober?
Old 08-02-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Day 2 is a much better place than day one! Each day will start to get a little better. I found SR through a similar search, and it has been the cornerstone of my recovery. Keep posting and reading!!!
I hope so! I pray that a year from now I can come on here and tell everyone about what I've accomplished in a year of sobriety.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

AkwardKitty is right - you can't go through this again.

I'm a fellow MNVikes fan, and I've also been hospitalized due to my drinking actions. That was over 5 years ago. Lucky for me I got help - when you end up in the hospital you have to treat this like it's serious business. Get a plan together. I am sure part of you wants to shrug off the experience and say it's no big deal. I'm here to confirm that it is indeed a very, very big deal. AA, rehab, counseling...any and all of the above. With a solid plan and some structure, you can beat this. Any ideas?
Old 08-02-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

stay strong day 3 almost here,
Old 08-02-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
AkwardKitty is right - you can't go through this again.

I'm a fellow MNVikes fan, and I've also been hospitalized due to my drinking actions. That was over 5 years ago. Lucky for me I got help - when you end up in the hospital you have to treat this like it's serious business. Get a plan together. I am sure part of you wants to shrug off the experience and say it's no big deal. I'm here to confirm that it is indeed a very, very big deal. AA, rehab, counseling...any and all of the above. With a solid plan and some structure, you can beat this. Any ideas?
I am aware that this is a very big issue. I have had incidents in my past that should have been clear warning signs, but I never did anything about it. This time I have decided to go all in on giving alcohol up. That is why I'm here, talking to former alcoholics on the phone, and putting together a plan. I was supposed to go to Lollapalooza (huge music fest in Chicago) on Friday with free VIP tickets I won from one of my vendors, but instead I am giving them to a good friend and his wife. I know that putting myself in a position where alcohol will be all over the place is not a good idea. Instead I'll be spending Friday which also happens to be my birthday completely sober. This will probably be the first birthday in over 10 years that I will be sober and I'm completely fine with that. I also plan to get into AA and probably a therapist as well. I'm going all in. I can't risk my life for alcohol anymore.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deniselarkin View Post
stay strong day 3 almost here,
We are almost there Denise Time to try and fall asleep....key word...try I'l probably be back on here reading in about 10 min, but worth a shot lol
Old 08-02-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello there and today is day 2 for me also. I like you are feeling some of the same that you are. I feel like I don't know what to do. My typical day is to get off work and drink at least a 12 pack. I am need to quit because things are seemingly falling apart little by little everyday. Relationships, doing my job, my family. Many things, not to mention the cost of everyday drinking. My body is also taking a toll after several years of this. I am here to get support from those that have been there.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MN - You asked how long I've been sober. It'll be 10 yrs. in January - and I can't even believe it. The thing I once lived for is completely gone from my life & I'm free.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

MNV,

Just wanted to add my encouragement. You are doing great and sound determined! Keep it up. Falling asleep naturally may be hard at first, but that will get better, in not too long.

EVERYTHING gets better!

Keep us posted.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leeza66 View Post
Hello there and today is day 2 for me also. I like you are feeling some of the same that you are. I feel like I don't know what to do. My typical day is to get off work and drink at least a 12 pack. I am need to quit because things are seemingly falling apart little by little everyday. Relationships, doing my job, my family. Many things, not to mention the cost of everyday drinking. My body is also taking a toll after several years of this. I am here to get support from those that have been there.
I feel your pain...I read here and hear stories of success. That is the fuel we need to stay on the right path, as hard as that may be...
Old 08-03-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
MN - You asked how long I've been sober. It'll be 10 yrs. in January - and I can't even believe it. The thing I once lived for is completely gone from my life & I'm free.
Hevyn- That is so amazing. I strive to be as strong as you in the coming days, months, years...
Old 08-03-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tealily View Post
MNV,

Just wanted to add my encouragement. You are doing great and sound determined! Keep it up. Falling asleep naturally may be hard at first, but that will get better, in not too long.

EVERYTHING gets better!

Keep us posted.
Thanks Tealily-I'm going to post my day 3 update soon. It was another tough one, but a sober one
Old 08-03-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

How's day 3 MNV??