Notices

Thank you for the Public Service Announcement

Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you for the Public Service Announcement

Anna, thank you so much for bumping Dee's (locked) post below, from 7 years ago (titled "A Public Service Announcement").

Wow.

Incredibly meaningful, wise and real.

Everyone browsing this thread needs to go there right now, read it, take it to heart, save it, memorize it, live it.

How fortunate we are, to have such mentors. So generously reaching out to strangers, struggling, on different continents, all ages, all kinds of people, far flung, but the stories are the same, over and over and over. The damage and patterns and excuses, predictable. The answer so simple, but so hard to hear. Yet you all so patiently try.

Thank you, Dee, Anna, Least, Hevyn.. any moderators I'm missing. I wish I'd been able to "know" CarolD too. Your service is a gift. We are so grateful.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks tealily

We're trying to streamline our sticky posts across all the forums so it's no longer a 'sticky' but I've re-opened it and I'll bump it as required

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ouncement.html

D
Old 07-25-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

That's the same five posts I think most of us have made, either here or in our heads, over and over.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, well said tealily. Great thanks to Anna and all the mods for your help. Dee's post is so helpful. I was here under a different name in 2011 and CarolD was a treasure--thank God her wise words remain and she is still helping so many who struggle and suffer.