Notices

Week 7!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 7!

Hi all, just checking in. Today marks the start of my 7th week sober

All in all, things have been good. I've been connecting with older friends, getting along with family, etc.

Now that the 'novelty' has worn off, I am very excited that I can see living my life this way. Waking up every day free from guilt is so incredible, I look so much better too.

A few issues I was wondering if anyone has experience with...

I'm really wanting to spend a lot of time by myself with the dog - I find social situations very draining and I need a lot of time to recharge. Somewhat related is my sex drive is virtually non-existent (hoping that passes!!) Final issue is the further I'm getting from my drinking time, the more guilt I'm feeling. For example, before I quit I was in the hospital due to a fall, I'm finding myself obsessing over that and just feeling so remorseful.

Sorry for the rant! Thank you all so much for being here, it has made such a huge difference. thanks
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats djm

D
Old 07-09-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right on track. For me, alcohol numbed my emotions for years, and a lot of remorse and guilt came back very quickly after I got sober. It's just something you have to work through, since alcohol delays emotional fallout until you stop.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Hoping to be on week 7 soon. I know I have thought about my idiocy already a bunch, so I'm sure I will more and more.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea, I noticed I really enjoy being alone now that I am sober too. I think I am introverted and always used alcohol to be more sociable.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Job well done.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

DRINKING LED ME TO ISOLATING. It is difficult to adjust back into filling those drinking hours- the planning, hiding, ritual, setting up the drinking area, choosing which bottle shop...it was a full time job. Not drinking takes hard work and effort. I find the hardest thing to do is to try and enjoy myself. I just keep busy until I drop. To be in the real world is tiring. Give yourself dome time...