Notices

Roadtrip

Old 07-02-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great first day and night. Walked at least 10 miles. Great to my old friend and need her daughter and husband. We got to see the Cheers bar among tons of other landmarks. Just lovely. A bit awkward at dinner when it was time to order drinks. She had 1 glass of wine that lasted her an hour. That wouldn't be the case for me. Lol I enjoyed sparkling water. All is good so far...
Old 07-02-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 07-03-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Trip cut short petsitter was a nightmare. Boo! Driving home now.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Trip cut short petsitter was a nightmare. Boo! Driving home now.
That's too bad.

Our six dogs keep our vacations short and close to home. I like where we board our dogs, but it gets expensive fast.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Relapsed when we left Boston...the first time on July 2'ish. Now I'm on Day 11 and feeling great. These trips always get me. But it was coming home from the trip that got me on July 2 or 3. I was pissed at the petsitter we hired because she was basically a no-show. So we had to cxl alot of pre-paid plans and got no refund. So she cost me over a grand. Anyway, I corrected myself and have done a total about face. This last trip up to Boston to get my son was just a really cool adventure. And... and found a super cool petsitter that worked out really great! I'm glad to be back in the 'right' saddle again. I've been really working on my Plan. I'm using the SMART Recovery handbook. While travelling I worked on what my triggers are and methods for dealing with urges. I feel like I'm writing the alphabet over and over and over again, because I already know all this stuff. But it works to put it down on paper. We flew back home last night and it's so nice to be home with my son, husband and pets and a clear SOBER AF mind-set...
Old 07-16-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Stay focused and strong!