Notices

Rough Time in the ER But Didn't Think of the Booze

Old 06-21-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Bill,

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, and I hope you are continuing to feel better. Please make sure to follow up with your primary doctor.

❤️Delilah
Oh yes. I followed up. He's treating me for "low blood pressure" despite 140/80 pressure readings by his nurse, by the ER on Saturday night, by my cardiologist and by me. I think that it's all this confusion which is keeping my pressure up. Maybe he fears that when the confusion abates my pressure will go down too far. It's so obvious that the best treatment then is to keep the confusion going. Maybe we should try something like the Marx brothers. ("Captain Spalding, the African Explorer"- with helmet and cigar!). Of course you're all to young to remember that!
The bleeding's stopped so I'm no longer a bleeding heart liberal.

W.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

P.S. My primary care doctor is treating me for low blood pressure and my cardiologist is treating me for high blood pressure. The former is advising me to discontinue prescriptions written by the latter. What shall I do? I think I'll stand and watch while they put on the gloves and fight it out. Hope the loser doesn't get sent to the ER and they put the emergency call button hung up on the wall out of reach! Cape Cod is a resort area, particularly in the summer and I think that the docs or at least their staffs spend a good deal of their time at the beach. Offices are put on a public answering system for lunch for an hour and a half and offices sometimes close early at 3:30 p.m. The safest place is in my bedroom with the dog. He takes about three minutes for lunch and he's on call 24/7, at least for treats!

W.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think you tell them you're getting mixed messages.
Warfarin is a blood thinner and VERY dangerous if you're getting pulled in multiple directions.

No medical advice, but my personal opinion is that you should tell them you'd prefer to live and you just want to know the state of your health.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I think you tell them you're getting mixed messages.
Warfarin is a blood thinner and VERY dangerous if you're getting pulled in multiple directions.

No medical advice, but my personal opinion is that you should tell them you'd prefer to live and you just want to know the state of your health.
I have sent an Email to my P.C. and have prepared a letter for my cardiologist with copies sent to my P.C. and urologist. I shall resume my normal prescription protocol tomorrow with which I have had success in the past and will continue to do so until the situation is clarified to my satisfaction. This is the best way I can insure my personal safety. If directed to change medications I will do so only if I understand what is going on and get my various physicians to agree that it is wise to do so. Although they refer to me as the "patient" I own the body and will not play a passive role.

W.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

P.S. To my last post. Yes indeed I prefer to live. If I said I did not they would report me as suicidal,' "Double Doc" me and have me committed for observation (60 days) at the Funny Farm (Padded Cell? Paper Clothing? Straight Jacket?) I'd really rather not, particularly if I have high blood pressure. Cf the Mel Brooks movie "High Anxiety" where the guy in the padded cell thought he was a cocker spaniel and lifted his leg on the doc. Sniffed him too!

W.