Notices

I am back

Old 05-29-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JScatt View Post
I agree with the others, Catlover. For as much as you have drank the past few days and last night/today you will reek of alcohol and it sounds like you got a darn good job.
I was in the same situation, had a great job and drank way to much, it will come down to keeping your job or the drinking, It really is a simple choice, Job or Booze?
Stay strong. I'm on my 10th sober day and in the last two years I never thought I could make to 5pm let alone 10 days.
You can do it!
Glad u have gone 10 days. That is great. Is it getting harder or easier?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Catlover, I'm so glad you are back and posting. And, it sounds like you're feeling a bit more hopeful.

I was where you are, and as Dee said, I wouldn't want to live another day like that either. Believe me, you can get past this.
Anna, it is horrible. Waking up this morning was awful. It just makes you feel so empty.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Today is my day one (yet again) too. So sick I'm not moving from bed, except to drink water and come here. This thread has helped. Just can't do this anymore.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Glad you're back here and posting, and that you see through your own BS about the ex being a trigger. You were drinking the night before, despite knowing you're an alcoholic and can't ever take a drink and know that you'll be able to stop as planned.

I remember feeling just as hopeless as you're feeling now. And having to start every work week feeling unprepared and out of control as a consequence of my weekends bingeing. Since getting sober my life became more manageable, and since working a program of recovery I have found a beauty to life that I never could have fathommed out in my drinking days. (All I felt back then was either drunken false emotion, or sober fear and resentment, topped off with a good dose of restlessness, irritability and discontentment.)

The question I'd ask you, upon waking and sobering up, is what are you prepared to do in order to turn things around? Because we need to dig deep for that willingness. After all, it's not easy getting sober. As amazing as things are now, I can't pretend that the journey was all a walk in the park. I needed to dig deep to find the resiliance to accept that discomfort, and align myself with others who had walked the path before me, and whose experience and strength could give me hope and the faith that if I stuck with it, things WOULD get better. Eventually. If I stayed sober and did the work on my recovery.

We'll be here to support you if you so wish, but that only works if you take the steps to log in, read and post regularly. And no doubt there are local recovery groups where you could find recovering alcoholics who could become a support network, and hopefully give you the chance to choose someone who has the quality of sobriety that you'd like for yourself who you could ask to sponsor and guide you as you navigate your way back to yourself. But again, the onus is on you to take that first brave step of getting in the door and asking for help, and then doing the work it takes. After all, a gym membership in itself doesn't get anyone fit - they have to use it.

Are you ready to do it yet? Or are you going to dig a bit deeper bottom for yourself first? I hope you'll decide that your bottom is deep enough and climb on board the life-raft and stay safe in the middle of it.

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
I am ready to do it. I am ready to get past this. I cannot continue living life like this. I am in a dungeon of my own making.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by catlover1989 View Post
Glad u have gone 10 days. That is great. Is it getting harder or easier?
Way easier and I feel much better!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by catlover1989 View Post
I am in a dungeon of my own making.
I always thought of it as like being in a prison with the only thing keeping me locked in was a can of beer or a bottle of wiskey.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Today is my day one (yet again) too. So sick I'm not moving from bed, except to drink water and come here. This thread has helped. Just can't do this anymore.
I'm sorry, Awake. I know it isn't easy. Especially the morning after. This morning was hell for me. Use it. Let that shame and disaspointment motivate you to get better. Im using it as motivation.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JScatt View Post
I always thought of it as like being in a prison with the only thing keeping me locked in was a can of beer or a bottle of wiskey.
Yup. Nail on head
Old 05-29-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing catlover?

D
Old 05-29-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Earth Child

YOU CAN DO THIS Darling , KEEP FIGHTING PS ILOVE CATS TOO
Old 05-31-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)