Old 05-11-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Go without him.
Not a bad idea Bim...lol
Old 05-11-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
CT, a weekend away in the fresh mountain air sounds kind of relaxing. While my husband doesn't drink or use around me, it's still stressful to have to deal with the aftermath. However, I'm here to give you some hope that despite what HE is doing, YOU don't have to drink. It can be done.

Lists are an awesome thing that I haven't fully taken advantage of. I've got a long list of things I need to get done. I'm finally crossing them off instead of leaving it to memory to remember what needs doing. Doctor appointments? Check and in multiples. I've gotten more done in two days on that front than all last year.
I hear ya Ruby. Just learned the weather isn't supposed to be great this weekend so I think I'll hang around here. I have plenty on my To-Do-List to keep me busy for the weekend.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Should get in on this!

So one part of my recovery plan from last year, when I did well.. that I need to get back in to the swing of.. is having something different to look forward to each day, especially those times of days when it is tempting for me to go to the liquor store.

Tuesday afternoon-night is going to be particularly hard for me this summer, and one of the things I've been meaning to do for a couple years is go to the farmer's market down the street, it's only on Tuesdays from 3:30-7:30. There are others in the county and a big fruit market across the bridge, but for some reason I want to go to a farmer's market. Maybe I can even walk to it for exercise. It will give me something to do because I will be tempted to have a few drinks and crash on a Tuesday night after clinical. Then I can get a jump start on my care plan which is due Friday night, but NOT stress about it, watch something funny, take a shower and go to bed. So that's the plan.

Wednesday night will be rough, too and I want to get a little more work in on the care plan maybe.. or this could be a relax night. I need a planned look-forward-to-my-Wednesday-night activity that is dry.. hmm.

I think there's Bingo close by but I think they serve alcohol?
I'd love line dancing but where?? Zumba, maybe!!!

I will have to sit down and make a short list of options for each night, and of course studying is a good one, but how often do I do that?

I have often thought I need to really schedule each hour of my day that I am not in school, at work or asleep.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

In
Old 05-11-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am in!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
It is still snowing......heavy.

I am dreading tomorrow because of the meeting with the client.

Something is gonna change.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm sure your meeting will be fine MidnightBlue.

My phone camera is not good enough plus there are too many tall buildings but there is an amazing sunset taking place here. It is probably all the pollution.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I am in too.x
Old 05-11-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am wrecked. How is it possible to be so exhausted? And my feet are killing me even though I spend most of my days sitting down. Although I have taken to walking the prom every night, but not tonight. It's about an hour and a half from my house to the end of the prom and back. I didn't bother with the walk tonight. I did go into town after work. We have had the most amazing weather here for the past two weeks and town was packed with people sitting outside pubs and drinking. I did toy with the idea of having a drink myself but I skipped that and went for a burger and fries instead. I try not to eat too much junk but I do treat myself to a burger about once a month. Now I'm at home in bed with my feet wrapped in a "foot mask" type thing I bought at a chemist. Hopefully it will cure the ache. I'm in for the weekend I guess.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a group of colleagues. One of the women who works across the hall will be going on maternity leave soon so it's a congratulations/goodbye for now type of thing.

There was a time in my life when I just would not have been able to do something like this due to social anxiety I suppose so I often keep marvelling at how far I have come.

Have a nice evening all of you.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I got invited to something like that Tetra although I bought a card to avoid attending.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

^^^ Good plan!

Although at least it's a lunch and we have to go back to work after so no wine. I'm trying to be more sociable so it might be good for me to go.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

After reading your thread BC, 'boot scootin boogie' entered my head and now it's stuck there.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

So I got a call back yesterday from the 'find a doctor' registry. I got a reference that I called today and now have an appointment a week Friday. I haven't been to a GP in almost 10 years. Only walk-ins or urgent care. I plan on coming clean and getting a full work up. That's a little frightening for me.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm not judging STD, but is there some reason why you would need to "come clean" about past alcohol use? I would tell the truth about right now. I don't know much about Canada's healthcare, but there is no way I would come clean completely. In the U.S. once that is on your record, you can't erase it and it affects life insurance.

I dunno, if there is anything wrong it will show up in a normal yearly screening here. BP, liver enzymes, cholesterol, blood sugar (insulin resistance), vitamin deficiency are all checked in a standard exam here.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Well, my body is telling me something and I want to be sure I'm getting screened for the right reasons. We still have a really outdated medical record system, very little information is shared, even between doctors. Insurance companies are heavily regulated and are not allowed access.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
After reading your thread BC, 'boot scootin boogie' entered my head and now it's stuck there.
I haven't done it since fifth grade gym!

We also did Sweating to the Oldies tapes.

Best gym class ever!
Old 05-11-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Well, my body is telling me something and I want to be sure I'm getting screened for the right reasons. We still have a really outdated medical record system, very little information is shared, even between doctors. Insurance companies are heavily regulated and are not allowed access.
I hope everything turns out okay.

I have a screening yearly for the past 30 years. I don't like the doctor, it's just a necessary task on my list. I go to the dentist four times a year, too. It's a good thing you're doing, STD.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'm not judging STD, but is there some reason why you would need to "come clean" about past alcohol use? I would tell the truth about right now. I don't know much about Canada's healthcare, but there is no way I would come clean completely. In the U.S. once that is on your record, you can't erase it and it affects life insurance.

I dunno, if there is anything wrong it will show up in a normal yearly screening here. BP, liver enzymes, cholesterol, blood sugar (insulin resistance), vitamin deficiency are all checked in a standard exam here.
Same reason we lie about being non-smokers even though we're occasional smokers. I've never been more than an occasional drinker on paper.

I do have two alcohol consumption related ER visits but they will not follow me so long as I get the heck away from this medical center, and don't request those records be forwarded.

I had normal LFTs two years ago but.. you know..

I suppose if docs don't routinely do all the blood work, one could complain of persistent fatigue and get them run. shrug.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

STDragon, it's great that you made the appointment. I kept forgetting to make my appointments. That is where the list came in handy. It's good to get checked out and address any concerns that you might have.

Bim makes a good point about the life insurance crap. I have life insurance but at a horrendous rate. I didn't realize that if I bought life insurance as part of my employee benefits package, it was a whole lot cheaper. I was denied this past autumn for both life and for long term disability (which I don't have but should) because I said that I had been in treatment for alcohol abuse. It doesn't matter so much about the life insurance but the disability is an issue. I'm 52 and my kids are 8 and 11. I'm the primary breadwinner. If something happens to me, we're in trouble. I suppose I could badger someone into giving me insurance but it isn't going to be a nice rates.

And I couldn't hide treatment from my regular doctor. When I went in to detox, I was sitting behind the curtain waiting to be seen by the doctor on call and who should pull aside the curtain but my own doctor. Oops. Oh, hi! How are you? How are the kids?

Home for the evening. Work is yucky yucky yucky lately. I'd love to up and quit but see above. We need my paycheck.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Put me down for a sober weekend.

Peace