We'll Take the Soft Option Weekender 12-14 May

Old 05-11-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning guys xx
Old 05-11-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, Friday is here!

I must admit I avoided the doctors when I was actively drinking and only went once I had accumulated some sober time. Dumb I know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170512_072505.jpg (47.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-12-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I must admit I avoided the doctors when I was actively drinking and only went once I had accumulated some sober time. Dumb I know.
That was part of my plan when I quit. Get some sober time under my belt then go see a doctor. Dumb I know.

This morning, I'm off to the dentist, getting a wisdom tooth pulled. not the best way to spend a Friday off from work.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
This morning, I'm off to the dentist, getting a wisdom tooth pulled. not the best way to spend a Friday off from work.
I hope it is not too painful.

Lunchtime here, I have to attend the boss's BBQ on Sunday which has put a cloud on my weekend, I will take Monday off if I can. On the plus side I dreamt up really good plan for some extra business a couple of nights ago and a few phonecalls made to prospective customers seem to confirm that it might actually be a go-er, fingers crossed.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning! It's Friday - the reason for this thread in the first place - making it through the weekend sober. If you are struggling or if you get that itch, come on back and post about it. As LBrain used to say, come here and ask for permission. Lots of times I see on the main forums people will say, "I didn't want to post about it, I knew you'd try to talk me out of it." Well, yeah. Just like we'd try to talk you out of walking out into traffic.

It took some time for that voice in my head to shut up about drinking. Now when it shows up I see it for the evil destroyer that it is.

Go to bed sober tonight. That was my goal in early days. The best part about going to bed sober is that Saturday is beautiful and good.

I'll take the soft option, thank you.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

It's your move.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Happy Friday All!

Woke up this morning and thought it was Saturday...good grief

Make it a great day everyone!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm in! My birthday is tomorrow and normally I would love to be drunk the whole weekend of my birthday lol. But I'm ready to start 24 being sober. My plan is to go to a state park on my birthday, finish up some homework, bike ride, and clean up my apartment which will make me feel better.
I look forward to hearing how your weekends go.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I get a surprise Monday! No one knows who our peds professor will be yet. Ugh!

Edit: Not true, just asked someone. It is at least someone that I like! Phew.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

No drinking here! Not something i do.
End of story.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders nme13! Congratulations on deciding to get sober at 24. Have a grrrreat birthday.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I still don't know what to get my mom for Mother's Day. I did pick out a card yesterday.. It's more than she will get from her other three kids. Two of them will probably send a text.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

back from the dentist, not so bad after all. Face is frozen, that the part I hate most. I'm starving but don't want to eat just yet....
Old 05-12-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I had a drinking dream last night. I think it's been over two months since the last one. the focus of the dream was trying to hide my bottles, but I couldn't remember where they all were. Funny that I dream about hard liquor when my drink of choice was always beer.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm in for this weekend! Gonna be my first major test tonight. We have a celebration dinner with friends for their engagement. I will play the tape forward and see this through. We've got this!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I had a drinking dream last night. I think it's been over two months since the last one. the focus of the dream was trying to hide my bottles, but I couldn't remember where they all were. Funny that I dream about hard liquor when my drink of choice was always beer.
It could be worse.
My subconscious always went with symbolism. I would be trying to conceal a dead body.
I can't get over it! Why am I so dark? lol

Unrelated note.. I hate that I have waited until last day of vacation to want to do something that now I can't do because I'm waiting for mother to get back so that I can help her with whatever she needs...

I need to iron my uniforms. Haven't had to do so in a month!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberInStAlbans View Post
I'm in for this weekend! Gonna be my first major test tonight. We have a celebration dinner with friends for their engagement. I will play the tape forward and see this through. We've got this!
You do. You got this.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'll take the blame for that one.

I was suggesting you withhold info about your drinking when you go to the doctor.

Totally my fault!!
Old 05-12-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders SoberInStAlbans.

Make sure you have plenty of your own favourite non alcoholic drink to hand. Good luck.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Had a strong drinking dream last night. For some reason I was living in a big house with my parents (who are divorced in real life), sister, and her family. There was a giant bottle of cheap white wine, and I got into it and got drunker than I could EVER get on a single bottle of wine in my drinking days. I remember struggling to walk around I my room and worrying about how I was going to hide the fact that I was drunk, or explain it away. I was completely cognizant of my year of sobriety which was now down the drain.

When I woke up in my own bed, the feeling of relief and happiness was almost overpowering.