Notices

Help me

Old 05-07-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help me

Okay so I'm at the lowest point of my life, I've been binge drinking on for 6 months yes it's not a lot but now my body is at at the point of having seizures. I've been to a&e they gave me Librium to calm me down
But I'm struggling still because I have to wait for the gp to register me and now I have to a addiction centre tomorrow. I don't know if I'm going crazy but I'm having hallucinations, have to shower compulsively, clean all the time over and over and over again. These are my things the happen without a drink.

Now The doctor's keep saying to taper me off but I don't know how to do it from drinking 70 proof vodka each day so I could get through a bottle in two days. Well I tried going cold turkey after a&e now I've given up.
I've relapsed again.😡😭
Old 05-07-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

If you have any remaining alcohol just pour it away
Old 05-07-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Having seizures and hallucinations are signs of pretty serious alcohol withdrawal. I would for sure get to that addiction center as soon as you can tomorrow and hopefully they can admit you right away for a detox and rehab.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Mayaray,
How are you doing now?
Considering you've already been to a&e and they gave you librium, you're hallucinating and feeling on the verge of a seizure, my advice is definitely do not go cold turkey! Level it out until you see your GP/people at the addiction clinic tomorrow. As Forward12 said, they should hopefully get you to a detox facility so you can withdraw safely.
Do you have anyone with you?x
Old 05-07-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Mary - sounds like a rough place to be in.

If you feel in danger go back to the A and e...otherwise, maybe the best thing to do would be to follow doctors orders, take the meds and try and get some sleep.

I hope the addiction centre can help you tomorrow.

You'll find a lot of support here too - welcome

D
Old 05-08-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Right guys today I'm going to the detox centre, I feel ridiculous because I never thought my body would get this addicted to this poison. The tapering off method is okay but I find that I get better than I get these cravings it's such a hard battle to fight with the mind. Thank you all ��
Old 05-08-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Mayaray

D
Old 05-08-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
All is Change

I don't know if you know what equnimity is so I'll spell it out. It'd probably mean something to someone. It comes from the words equa (equal, even) and animus (mind) - even mindedness. In this context it means treating all things that arise with equal attention. Craving is just another thing that arises. Anger, hunger, sadness, happiness are all other things that arise.

Whatever arises passes away sooner or later. That is the nature of all things. Misery arises when one becomes attached to these impermanent, ephemeral, tranistory things.

To spend the time when there is craving in the most productive way is to be aware of it, observe it but remain equanimous while doing whatever needs to be done in the moment. Hand washing clothes. Preparing a meal. going for a walk.

By approaching the reality of cravings with a rational mind a habit to do so develops.

The secret to cleaning out the old habit of continually running with the cravings is to praqctice awareness of it, be equanimous when observing it. Don't suppress it or express it, just remain aware, equanimous.