Notices

Low down drinking situation

Old 05-01-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Once you realize that alcohol is a Band-Aid, (brings you up then back down) and not an actual solutions to your problems, you can rip the band aid off and allow the air to hit your wounds and begin to heal. Sure, it hurts at first, (I'm on day 5, I know all too well) but so long as you keep putting that band aid on you are never allowing yourself to recover. Every time you drink again, you are continuing the vicious cycle.

Step 1: Acknowledge that alcohol is more of a problem than any other problems in your life. It's such a deceiving little drink. It's really the devil in disguise.

Step 2: PUT IT DOWN AND COMMIT TO KEEPING IT OUT OF YOUR LIFE. (I'm not yelling, but this is just important)

Step 3: Keep busy. Find something healthy/positive to occupy your time. Read, exercise, go to meetings, go to church. You're going to have to fight. You have to be willing to do so.

This is just how you get through the beginning, which, in my opinion, appears to be the hardest part.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

There has been phenomenal advice here, Being honest I have been drinking this afternoon but I'm accepting this as the last hurrah

Anything I want to achieve in my life has to happen without this sick evil poison. I honestly in my life did not think this would dominate me but it is

Alcohol is the sinister master of you let it, and I know that I'm better than this evil drink.

I genuinely am sorry if it seems like I take any advice lightly, I take everything on board, there's no way I would carry on this madness long term knowing the destruction ahead.

Everyone on the forum has been so kind- soooo unbelievably kind and responsive it literally is an unbelievable forum so thank you I love you all. I'm getting out of this evil, it's cost me so much over time and I'm better than that.

Soberwolf and dee and so many others, you have hearts of gold, thank you for taking care of me.

I now have to stand up alone to this evil mess. Me vs beer. I will be the victor.

As dee has said, I should be angry towards this addiction as it's deprived me of so much. I need to step up now
Old 05-01-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
There has been phenomenal advice here, Being honest I have been drinking this afternoon but I'm accepting this as the last hurrah

Anything I want to achieve in my life has to happen without this sick evil poison. I honestly in my life did not think this would dominate me but it is

Alcohol is the sinister master of you let it, and I know that I'm better than this evil drink.

I genuinely am sorry if it seems like I take any advice lightly, I take everything on board, there's no way I would carry on this madness long term knowing the destruction ahead.

Everyone on the forum has been so kind- soooo unbelievably kind and responsive it literally is an unbelievable forum so thank you I love you all. I'm getting out of this evil, it's cost me so much over time and I'm better than that.

Soberwolf and dee and so many others, you have hearts of gold, thank you for taking care of me.

I now have to stand up alone to this evil mess. Me vs beer. I will be the victor.

As dee has said, I should be angry towards this addiction as it's deprived me of so much. I need to step up now
All the right words and intention. But you are drinking. Actions have to match the intentions.

I hope you figure this out. Dumping out what you have might be a start.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

DUMP.IT.OUT.
you can wax poetic all you want, stewy, but if you are DRINKING while you regale the wonders of the sober life, you're talking duck doo doo.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

are you willing to do whatever is necessary? are you willing to go to any lengths? are you willing to do the action necessary?

since you rationalized why youre drinkin today,idk
Old 05-01-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

5am and can't get back to sleep.

So I've just gone and poured all the remaining alcohol away ready to start battling this now

Let's do this
Old 05-01-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you put the effort in and have the commitment to change, you can absolutely do this, Stewy.

D
Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
DUMP.IT.OUT.
you can wax poetic all you want, stewy, but if you are DRINKING while you regale the wonders of the sober life, you're talking duck doo doo.
This! And I should know cause I used to do that. Grandiose dreams of my sober life... while I was drinking...
Old 05-02-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're all with you, Stewy.