Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Attending a going away party this afternoon...at a wine bar :-\

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to make an appearance since it is work related, so I will be attending this going away party. I'm not worried about slipping and drinking, though. I've never been much into the drinking scene at bars, etc. I just drank alone (pretty sad). Anyway, there is a gal that will be there that I'm pretty sure has a drinking problem. I recognize that hungover look in her eyes each morning and the "not feeling well" excuses. People joke that you can bribe her with wine. Not so funny if you have an alcohol problem. Wish me luck!
Old 04-13-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps she will see you sober and happy and take a page from your book. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Perhaps she will see you sober and happy and take a page from your book. Fingers crossed.
Maybe. But I don't get the feeling she is interested at this point. Oh, well, I have my own sobriety to worry about!
Old 04-13-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that things go well at the going-away party. Do you have to stay long? Do you have a quick way to leave, if necessary?
Old 04-13-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I hope that things go well at the going-away party. Do you have to stay long? Do you have a quick way to leave, if necessary?
Thank you. I will go help set up and then probably leave after one hour. So, not long, thankfully. I can easily make something up if I have to leave quickly, but I'm certain I can handle an hour. It should be a good time. I'm just hoping they have sparkling water or some other sort of beverage. I am not drinking tonight, that's for damn sure!
Old 04-13-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sure you'll be fine PR, but yeah if it's all too much, get the heck out of Dodge

D
Old 04-13-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I made it in and out within 1 hour like I had planned. Not gonna lie, though, I wanted to push aside the wine glass they gave me and ask for a whole bottle! I had water, instead.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
I need to make an appearance since it is work related, so I will be attending this going away party. I'm not worried about slipping and drinking, though. I've never been much into the drinking scene at bars, etc. I just drank alone (pretty sad). Anyway, there is a gal that will be there that I'm pretty sure has a drinking problem. I recognize that hungover look in her eyes each morning and the "not feeling well" excuses. People joke that you can bribe her with wine. Not so funny if you have an alcohol problem. Wish me luck!
OMG. I know I was for sure that girl at my work with those eyes and excuses. Preparation H for the bags.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just read all this- I was going to post- that I do not believe luck exists. What gets people through is planning, informed behaviour and support. You planned - you posted, you shared. Good and awesome, I admire you.