Notices

Let down

Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let down

Hey guys. I'm all over the place, been drinking again tonight. I think it's best for me to stop wasting everyone's time here and come back when I've got the help from the Gp. I feel like I'm being dishonest by posting I'm committed and then soon after that caving in to silly cravings. I know I have a big problem but I'm just not in a good place right now.
It's getting a grip of me again but I need to halt it myself. I'm sorry everyone
Old 04-03-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pour the alcohol out now, Stewy.

The sooner you stop drinking for good, the sooner you can start working on rebuilding your life and changing the course of your future.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You weren't being dishonest .. you believed what you were writing at the time.

You can start again tomorrow ... I drank yesterday ... But am not drinking today.

Just because you lost the battle today doesn't mean you have to lose tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

Stewy, you are not alone in this or what you are going through right now.

Stick around, it's gonna get better
Old 04-03-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Stewy, I've heard people here say many times that addiction tries to isolate you. Don't leave, keep posting, and see your GP.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry for your troubles, Stewy.

I don't speak for everyone here, of course, but I certainly don't think you're wasting anyone time. People here care. Just keep trying.

I know what it is like to have messy breakups and feel "pushed" back into bingeing by painful things going on in life --- I had a breakup a long time ago and thinks got really bad with the drinking. That was the precise moment that I gave up seeking help isolated myself. That only made things worse.

It's good you have an appointment with your GP.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi stewy

What I'd really like to see is you using SR before you drink.

Let me make it clear - thats NOT me saying you shouldn't post here until you're committed to being sober...

your inner addict would love to spin it that way.

You;re very welcome. Posting here shows on some level you have the desire not to drink.

Feed that part of you. You've been through this before...use this site...no need to wait for doctors or this or that or anything else.

It's not going to be fun for a while - but its not fun drinking every night...and that pain you're trying to outrun has very long legs, yeah?.

D
Old 04-03-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are not wasting anyone's time here, Stewy. We care and want to see you succeed.

When is your appointment with your GP?
Old 04-03-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

NOT WASTING MY TIME. Every post I read, share and reflect on helps me. KEEP POSTING. The best time to share is when you do not want to.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your 100% NOT wasting anyone's time do not stop trying - you can do this
Old 04-04-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I feel like I'm being dishonest by posting I'm committed and then soon after that caving in to silly cravings.
Hello Stewy This bit of your post stuck out to me. Cravings are not silly, they are a powerful biological urge (a false survival drive). This drive exists because your brain really thinks your body needs alcohol to survive. It's as powerful as your other survival drives and you need to be just as powerful in denying it the stuff that will eventually destroy you.
Wishing you all the best.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Don't stop posting! I felt exactly like you just last week. I felt like I was wasting people's time and letting others down when I relapsed. Just logging in and reading others threads helps me everyday. Keep reading, keep posting, and keep trying. Don't go anywhere and don't give up!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are not wasting anyone's time here. Trust me, I've been on and off SR for years and always feel the strong support here from everyone, whether I'm on day 1 or day 100. Keep logging on, we are all here for the same purpose.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Not wasting time. Posting here is showing you do want to change. Please try posting before you drink, not after. I know when the urge strikes, that addiction tells you not to. I know it's hard, we all do. Please stay.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Stewey,

I'm glad you came here and posted tonight. I found it really helpful to make logging into SR part of my daily routine. Whenever it is that you would normally pour a drink, log in here instead. Post about how you are feeling, whether it is happy, angry, sad, frustrated, someone will be here to listen.

When is your appointment with your GP? Have you thought about any other supports you may want to add to help you stay sober?

Hang in there, you can do this.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You're not wasting my time. You help me stay sober more than I can tell you. Please keep posting, keep telling us your honest feelings, you are needed here. You will get this if you keep trying.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You're not wasting my time at all either. You will get a lot of support here. People on SR just seem to know the right advice to give! I wouldn't be sober tonight, if I was not on here posting and reading others posts like yours. I know you have the desire and you can succeed! I'm glad also that you are seeing a doctor. I have an appointment with my gp in the morning. That's such a big step to take in reaching sobriety. Keep working on it and coming back here as much as you need to! Hugs!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Drunk or sober, you're always welcome here, Stewey! Believe me, we all know how hard it is. You'll get there, buddy!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A part of me always tried to isolate myself so I could get a grudge @ the world and use more drugs to numb the anger and pain.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I think it's best for me to stop wasting everyone's time here and come back when I've got the help from the Gp.
Don't believe everything you think.

I read an awful lot of wisdom between your post and this post. Good stuff written by people who know more about beating this thing than you do. It's all of us against the addiction. Get back in the fight.