Notices

Tylenol 1 addiction

Old 03-30-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Tylenol 1 addiction

Hey there. I am addicted to Tylenol 1s and I can't seem to stop I am only taking 3 pills 3 times a day all together that is 72mg of codeine in 1 day such a low dose I don't even get a high or nothing just avoiding with drawl I have been taking these pills since I was 17? I think I am now 26 I did stop while I was pregnant with 2 of my kids but always ended up taking some my last bout was I stopped in July of 2014 I had my son March 2015 breastfed him for 7 months until October when my boyfriend got a script for t3s and all of a sudden I was taking them and then after a week when the script ended I started the Tylenol 1s again stupid stupid descion! I was taking 6 pills 3 times a day in June of 2016 I went down to 5 pills 3 times a day and then in October I tried to quit the withdrawl got the best of me but I started only taking 4 3 times a day and then in december I went to the hospital right side pain found out I have fatty liver BUT I told the ER doc I was taking Tylenol and she said that doesn't effect it and I can take up too 4000mg of Tylenol a day but I still decided to go down to 3 pills a day this I did not do on purpose tho we were out of town that following night and I woke up and looked in my pill bottle and I only had 3 left I felt a little off that day but decided to keep up with it now here I am March 2017 and stuck the with drawl scares me!! I have kids I Can't die because of these pills...How bad does everyone think the with drawl will be..my main concerned is the anxiety aspect of it I ended up in the hospital in October because I thought I was gonna die...I am home alone with my 2 year old all day and when my 6 year old gets home from school I have her to..I am so scared of being sick when taking care of my 2 year old...I need to stop this asap and my family is all to busy to come help with the kids and my hubby works until 5pm everyday and leaves at 4am...any insight would be wonderful ...thank you
Old 03-30-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Mizzsweets. Glad you are here seeking help. I'm not familiar with codeine withdrawal, I think your best bet is to be totally honest with your doctor that is prescribing them. Let them know that you feel you are addicted and see what they might be able to do to calm your fears about stopping and withdrawal. I would be honest with your husband too....he would want to know that you are struggling. There are resources locally you may be able to seek too - your dr or local health department can help you there too.

You will find a lot of support here on SR too so stick around and read and ask questions. We also have substance abuse forums, you may want to check those out too.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem Mizzsweets

I think Scott's advice is very sound - honesty is the key to getting help and changing this situation.

Do you have anyone at all who could help with the kids?
D
Old 03-30-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
waking down

I agree with both posts above. Some info is a good place to start: Codeine Withdrawal: Symptoms, Treatment, and More