Notices

a little rant

Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
Now.................you do realize you can't drink in your new place either, right?

Just checking.
Well, I will need to drink to hydrate at some stage... if I don't want to turn into a prune!
Old 04-08-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two months, and on finding a new place. Less than two weeks until you move!!
Old 04-08-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Maybe you're irritable as the drunks remind you of what you were like (maybe you were worse?)

Maybe you irritate them because they want to be like you - in control, mature and sober?

What there is no 'maybe' about is the amazing fact that you have been sober for over two months and are taking tough decisions around your commitment to sobriety, like moving home.

You're an inspiration to someone like me that only has 13 days so far.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
the Kremlin is a soild structure that houses centuries of Russian Culture and art, btw.
Great answer. I've been there, and to East Berlin too, back in the day, thru Checkpoint Charlie. The Kremlin rocks. I'd take it as a compliment.

On a serious note, MOVE OUT. You've moved on, the drunken flatmates haven't.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Maybe you're irritable as the drunks remind you of what you were like (maybe you were worse?)

You're an inspiration to someone like me that only has 13 days so far.
13 days is fantastic, well done. It is the hardest period. Not only we have to deal with those cravings but we are re-wiring our brain too. It's hard work, but each day we get stronger and each day gets better. For someone who drank pretty much daily since my early 20's, I had little hope I could even abstain for more than a week or two. It's still not easy socially but at least during day to day life I feel better and the cravings I have from time to time are now manageable. As difficult as it was to foresee a happy life without alcohol, I now can see this gradually taking place. Keeping active in my recovery and keeping it "a day at a time" is what I'm hanging on to. So should I say that 13 days is actually a greater accomplishment than 10 weeks! Hang in there, it gets easier 🌤
Old 04-09-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think living in LIGHT HOUSE would be the axis of awesomeness. Not sure about cats- but that is the image. Lighthouse keeper, polar neck, cat, pipe.