Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

It's amazing how many "New Here" threads there are, here is one more.

Notices

It's amazing how many "New Here" threads there are, here is one more.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Welcome you're in the right place.
Lean lots on us when you need to. Think about joining the March class?
I don't know know what that is but I'm going to find out! 😁 Thanks everyone
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 6. Maybe instead of updating this thread I'll just make a blog.😁 Bumping this daily is going to be like making people watch what I eat on Facebook! Last night was tougher than the previous nights. I felt really good so the voice was telling me drinking would make me feel great, and since I felt so good what could it hurt? I managed though, and know it'll get worse before it get better. I slept well, still very tired in the mornings. Craving sugar for the first time....Ever for me. Literally never had a sweet tooth and now I'm craving anything sweet. Funny, but thats an easy one to ignore for me.

Weekend will likely be a bit of a struggle but I have a plan. Plus next week is a big one at work so have to be on point. See you all soon and have a great weekend.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bumping threads with updates or new questions is is pretty much what the site is all about rmeatgt350...don;t worry about it

what's your weekend plan?

D
Old 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was exhausted the first few weeks after quitting. I also had a huge sugar craving. It died down after a few months. Except for ice cream - I still crave it.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Bumping threads with updates or new questions is is pretty much what the site is all about rmeatgt350...don;t worry about it

what's your weekend plan?

D
Weekend is nearly over, it was very nice. Yesterday was still cold and I had a lot of errands to run, new car battery for my wife, groceries, new work shirts... So exciting. 😂😂 Made a nice dinner though (I love cooking).

Today I had to answer some client emails, did some photo editing of some recent vacation pics... It was finally sunny out so cleaned up the yard a bit. Mostly puttering and relaxing. Gonna clean myself up and watch the Walking Dead . So, pretty solid weekend.

I had a weird feeling today, about 2pm I realized I hadn't thought about drinking all morning. Pretty whacky. That said I had a strong urge tonight, likely since tomorrow is a busy day. I used to get drunk to forget I had a stressful Monday which of course would just make Monday worse. Funny how that works.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I was exhausted the first few weeks after quitting. I also had a huge sugar craving. It died down after a few months. Except for ice cream - I still crave it.
Hah, it's crazy how much I want ice cream. 😂😂😂 Weird thing is I have never had a sweet tooth in my life. Dried cranberries are doing the job for now.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 8. It was good until like 10 minutes ago! Long day at work, still an hour or so before I finish up... this is only the second day I've been back since I stopped drinking so it's a bit weird. Normally on the way home I'd stop and pickup some rum, head home and have a few drinks while cooking. I am actually looking for reasons to stay here late so I don't have time to stop and pickup booze. It's become such a routine I have to admit I am almost a little... I don't know, sad? Weird feeling, maybe sad isn't the right word because I do feel really good and honestly, eff booze... just a new thing I guess. I have trouble with change sometimes.

I think I need to give myself a goal. Like, maybe I say ok, I am going to make it past Easter. Then I will have something to really focus on and challenge myself with. I hate losing so I will have to win my little internal challenge. Eh, coping mechanisms, I guess I have to learn them!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rmeatgt350 View Post
Day 8. It was good until like 10 minutes ago! Long day at work, still an hour or so before I finish up... this is only the second day I've been back since I stopped drinking so it's a bit weird. Normally on the way home I'd stop and pickup some rum, head home and have a few drinks while cooking. I am actually looking for reasons to stay here late so I don't have time to stop and pickup booze. It's become such a routine I have to admit I am almost a little... I don't know, sad? Weird feeling, maybe sad isn't the right word because I do feel really good and honestly, eff booze... just a new thing I guess. I have trouble with change sometimes.

I think I need to give myself a goal. Like, maybe I say ok, I am going to make it past Easter. Then I will have something to really focus on and challenge myself with. I hate losing so I will have to win my little internal challenge. Eh, coping mechanisms, I guess I have to learn them!
I've often said "quitting drinking, is like ending a toxic relationship with a long term partner". Both are toxic and bad for you but,you will miss them until you fully 'move on'.