Notices

been in shadows

Old 03-13-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

been in shadows

Hi ya all,
I have not posted in a while, I'm doing well still drink free, and very much enjoying my sober life. My only complaint is my emotions, for a long time maybe decades my brain has been numb, now oh boy is it not!! A simple gesture of goodwill can bring me to tears, anger has become so useless to me, and anger was once what I lived on.
So strange it all seems, now and I'm very confused about who I really am. Two days ago I was filling up my truck with fuel, the onboard computer told me I had 357 miles before low fuel limit. My thought was, grab the wife a.d kids and find a new town to start over in.....isn't that crazy?
Anyway, I didn't do it, but it just sounded like fun, I really hope my emotions settle down, but right now hugging my wife or see my kids have fun, the emotions are just so intense, and it makes me wonder juat who I am.
I read here daily, just haven't posted much. I hope all of you are doing well, staying sober and loving a clean life, even if it hurts a little sometimes.
Ya all take good care,
Mick
Old 03-13-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All is Change

Good. wonderful. You are doing good. Use the emotions to develop equanimity. They are ephemeral and will pass. It's their time to come up and pass away. Stay on track.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you posted. Feeling things can be scary, and I have found it even out a huge amount, and time takes time for the bad to out/good to settle.

Keep going.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I think we all want to make a quick getaway at times.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mick! I always feel that way. It's just the possibilities that seem fun. In fact I do this all of the time. For fun I go online and look at different places all over the world I think that one day we might rent a house in for a month. But sometimes I have just said to my husband and son, lets just go to a hotel and stay for the weekend out of town. We did that and it was really great exploring a new town. Being sober, especially if you have been drinking for such a long time is really a new awakening! I know emotions are strong but as you said it's because drowning them out for so long. I know it can take a whole year to level out or maybe even longer. Taking a small vacation might be something you and your family could do!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

THANKS Mick. You take care of yourself and your family.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're doing well Mick!!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're coming back to life!!! =)