Notices

Drinking is good

Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Drink might might be good for a time, even some.of the time....but it is mixed in with hell. .. broken promises, arguments, hurt, lost childhood, broken dreams,lies lies lies.... shame , anxiety, fat and ugliness, pain, broken bones broken hearts.... not to mention puke, headaches, palpitations ....bad guts, shame and guilt and fear... and worry about health...

I wouldn't pay that for a bit of good.... seems a crap deal to me.
And the unpredictability of which you are going to get... good time or worst time or even death time.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My AV tells me the same thing.

It lies.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Perhaps for people who aren't alcoholics it is. I wouldn't know.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
AA member

Drinking anything without Alcohol in is OK.

For me Alcohol is poison.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

That is about as stupid as: Beer Is Food!!
Old 01-15-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

In my experience drinking is excelllent....for....hangovers, DUI's, broken relationships, anxiety, neurotic thinking, poor financial decisions, regret, Amazon (my drunk shopping boosted their bottom line, but I am still stuck with the red rooster wall art set....sounded cool at the time).....I could go on, but won't...

Last edited by Circlewagons; 01-15-2017 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Circlewagons View Post
In my experience drinking is excelllent....for....hangovers, DUI's, broken relationships, anxiety, neurotic thinking, poor financial decisions, regret, Amazon (my drunk shopping boosted their bottom line, but I am still stuck with the red rooster wall art set....sounded cool at the time).....I could go on, but won't...
The Red Rooster Wall Art Set, though!
Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lnx View Post
Comments here
Most of us around here can tell you plenty about why that isn't true.

The real question is- what is it doing for you that is good? What about bad? Then you can start to find some answers and make some decisions about what you really want your life to be.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi

Yes I did think drinking was soooo good.
But man... if you live it. You will know.
For me.. it has been both a nightmare and a dream.

I loved drinking when with friends. The friends left. Now it's just me and the drinks.

Now, it's just the drinking.

I'm alone.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Trudgin

A Vision For You

For most normal folks, drinking means conviviality, companionship and colorful imagination. It means release from care, boredom and worry. It is joyous intimacy with friends and a feeling that life is good. But not so with us in those last days of heavy drinking. The old pleasures were gone. They were but memories. Never could we recapture the great moments of the past. There was an insistent yearning to enjoy life as we once did and a heartbreaking obsession that some new miracle of control would enable us to do it. There was always one more attempt - and one more failure.

The less people tolerated us, the more we withdrew from society, from life itself. As we became subjects of King Alcohol, shivering denizens of his mad realm, the chilling vapor that is loneliness settled down. It
thickened, ever becoming blacker. Some of us sought out sordid places, hoping to find understanding companionship and approval. Momentarily we did - then would come oblivion and the awful awakening to face the hideous Four Horsemen - Terror, Bewilderment, Frustration, Despair. Unhappy drinkers who read this page will understand!

Alcoholics Anonyomus
Old 01-15-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yes, drinking is good for me
if I want to break out in handcuffs.
M-Bob
Old 01-15-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Why is it good?

Good because I'm going to get cirrhosis of the liver?
Because I'm going to lose everything I have?
Because I'm going to be arrested ?

Because it makes me not even be able to trust my own mind?

No it's not good..
Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Its good for about 3-6 hours followed by 36-48 hrs of hell on earth. Terrible use of one's time. And that's the least of the problems. The ruined relationships, the foolishness and of course the health risks are the real consequences.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Lnx,
how about you elaborate a bit about where you're at and how your thinking is on this?
cause quite possibly this is not rational thought but thought driven by "alcoholic mind" so you can keep drinking?
Old 01-15-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

For me, it was truly good for nothing.

I very strongly suspect that it would always be so.

We are here for you, lnx; talk to us.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking wasn't good for me. Nothing but misery and self hatred.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I hope when ya sober up this time you can look at your past posts, and this thread, and see how good drinking is for you. your words from past posts:
During that year, well at the beginning I had got myself in trouble with the law as a result of my drinking went through the system turned to God and stopped drinking in the hope I would reconcile with my wife but that didn't happen I fell into depression for the 1st time in my life struggled out of it without meds accepted me & wife were over got my life back started feeling ok and picked up in a week I had gone back to how i was drinking before scary stuff, still have resentment towards my wife I know this isnt good and is a no no for an alcoholic...

over the last week mainly yesterday I managed to make a fool of myself yet again have spent most of the day in my room feeling low about my behavior sent some stupid Tex's & turned up at friends house drunk not good

, its interesting observing another drunks behaviour he put up a big tent today made him happy so now he gets drunk, the same kind of thing I would do any reason for a blow out I need to stay aware blow out with me end up in black outs and problems

which tells me drinking isn't good for YOU. you have the alcohol tellin ya differently.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I know alcohol wasn't good for me. There were the occasional times I would make a fool of myself, get into trouble and feel viciously sick days after, all no good.

Then there were the majority of times I would drink my normal amount after work alone, and wake up with little more then a very minor hangover. But during those times I was wasting my free time unproductively and not engaging socially except at work and very rarely outside. So much wasted time.

I'm paying the price now for using alcohol to fall asleep but I know it'll eventually get better.

If there's anything we can do please lean on us here for support!
Old 01-15-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Drinking is good for sending my life straight to hell.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Recovering

How are you Lnx? And how are you feeling about the statement 'drinking is good?'

I drank for the best past of a year after my relapse, but each time I knew it wasn't good. I just kept kidding myself I would stop tomorrow or next week.

Stay with us Lnx.