Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

What did you do today to stay sober? What will you do tomorrow?

Notices

What did you do today to stay sober? What will you do tomorrow?

Old 12-16-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Gym then a run!
Old 12-16-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I did what I do every day, for recovery work (minimum I do is this stuff): read pp 85-88 and 417-418 of BB, daily devotional, Richard Rohr meditation email, HALT, SR (usually several visits after my morning one), and the daily reading from a Bible plan app my bf and I use together. Tonight I had some time so I started a new book about 12th Step work.

I went to work; I did not go to a meeting today. Texted with my sponsor. Talked with my bf a few times; he is in recovery too so we often talk about recovery stuff in the context of it being our lives.

I took a nap - rest is hugely important to me and my body is adjusting to a new med so I am getting through initial sleepiness. Nearing 10 mo (297 days today), I am still seeing my body balance out.

Tomorrow, I will do the same recovery stuff (I literally write the same things down in my planner each day and cross them off- became a habit when working with my first sponsor). I am off work because we are celebrating his birthday and starting the day with a 5K! Possibly a meeting midday.

My life has a pretty routine quality to it- everything is focused on living a good, sober life. Some activities are literal and program stuff (I try to do 4-6 meetings a week, for example) and others are "broader" like taking care of my health, relationships, and finances. Dealing with daily stuff- the responsibilities like picking a health insurance plan- and being a contributing adult are on my list just like everything else. Not drinking is a baseline assumption and everything I do supports my intention to keep that problem removed.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Caught up on DVRd shows this evening, posting on here, and heading to bed. My blankie (yes, I call it that hehe) is already heating up on the bed.

Tomorrow morning is grocery shopping as long as it's not too treacherous. Supposed to get a storm.

Then the rest of the day....................absolutely anything I want to do because I can due to the fact that I'm sober!
Old 12-16-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yesterday - I walked downtown to a nice lunch and then walked to do a few errands. Spent a little time reading SR, but didn't focus on many sober tools (need to do more of that the next few days).

Today - Started the day with a sober podcast and coffee. Cooked a good breakfast and took a walk in the ice/snow. Had a pretty lazy afternoon on the couch. I'm watching Christmas movies this evening.

Tomorrow - I need to spend an hour reading and posting on SR and reading other sober blogs. I'm going to commit to spending 30 minutes per day reading a book about sobriety and then writing in my journal. I really need to add to the time I'm spending on sober tools before heading to see family for the holidays.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

1. I did not drink alcohol.
2. I went to the second appointment with a psychologist - booked first appointment suspecting I have ADD. (Evidently I dont)
3. I took lots of other tests - glad I can do this with nine months sobriety. Hoping to get to the root of my issues and treat them. (SO MUCH better than trying to drown my brain in alcohol)
Old 12-16-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I left my wallet at home, since I had no money or cards with me, I had no finances to buy wine, even if my AV got the best of me. Plus I visit here often, and "play the tape forward to tomorrow" that works well for me.

Badge
Old 12-16-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was late getting to it, but I did start my sobriety journal just now as I said yesterday I would do. I also got on the sobriety bus this morning!

Tomorrow I will be calling a counselor.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I was so worried I would cave today since I got called into work and I bartend. I turned down a couple offers for customers to buy me a drink (they sometimes like to do this instead of tip) and once I was alone which is usually when I like to really get going I ate some fries and drank pop instead. First day of work since committing to being sober and I made it. Back at it tomorrow!

So today I ate fries instead of drank. ��

Happy sober wknd friends! ❤
Old 12-16-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

posting at SR today, getting ready to write in my Gratitude App, and leading my SMART meeting tomorrow. Tomorrow at Sundown I will be sure to have all my appliances turned on as I gain a lot of peace from the Sabbath Traditions when I had practiced Judaism.