Notices

An update for anyone who cares.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Smilax View Post
To be completely honest with everyone here one of the major motivating factors in getting me to stop this time hasn't been so much that I want to stop, so much as a realization that it's affecting my work... it's actually the fear of embarrassment at work that forced my hand in this case. So what I fear is that as soon as say mid January comes rolling around and the pressure eases off at work I'll be right back to it.
I don't agree with anyone who suggests putting one's livelihood at risk for a stint in rehab, but I will say that if you do not get this under control, that it will cause you problems at work eventually. Quite possibly irreversible problems, which will make embarrassment the least of your worries.

There are a large number of alcoholics who simply commit suicide, or resign themselves to death. The highest percentage is among males who lose their careers due to their drinking. The job is often the last thing to go, because the alcoholic knows that he needs money to buy alcohol.

Once the job goes, they often don't hit bottom, but rather, plunge headlong into the abyss. You are likely a good worker and employee, if you are concerned about the store, but you do not want to end up like that.

Get a grip, not for our sake, but for your own.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

what if you looked at it as,
Right now isn't working. I have everything and anything to gain after embracing sobriety. I am worth it even if I don't see it yet, the longer I am away from alcohol my head will become clearer I will heal and know this to be the truth, and that it has been all along.
You come here, your wheels are turning regarding it, you are on the right path.
I believe in you and I believe you can do this.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm new and haven't read all of your posts or history.
But, if you mention depression and other strong factors that are playing a role in your using alcohol; what kind of help if any are you receiving for that?
That could be a big help in helping you to stay clear of your addiction to alcohol.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Smilax View Post
Thank you for those continuing to remind me how dangerous what I was and am doing is.

Trouble is that I knew those facts.

I just didn't care enough about myself. And I still don't.
I stopped caring too, and not in a Hallmark card kind of way. More like a "Whoever's out there, please kill me tonight" kind of way. And for a long time.

The only thing I did that got me to start caring again was to get sober, even though that was the last thing I wanted to do. I don't doubt that nothing else would have done it for me.

want-something-quote-518344515.jpg