Notices

Here I am again!!!!!

Old 12-12-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jtimber View Post
This is ridiculous. Couldn't get up this morning now going to work with EXTREME anxiety. Shaking like a leaf and can't feel my hands. And what is all for? So I could spend the weekend in the pubs, lie to my Mrs and spend loads of money. Ridiculous!
Life in the fast line will definitely catch up with you at some point. Even rock stars who are professional party goers eventually have to slow down. Hope you make it through work today and come back to this site and get some ideas on how to remain sober. Wish you the best.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
That's what alcoholism does to us. It brings us down and destroys our self-worth, causes us to isolate, and so we want to give up. But, have faith that you can do this. Do you have a plan for how you want to begin your sobriety?
I just wanted to add that really does sum up what happened to me very simply. Drink too much too often. You feel wretched and insecure. You withdraw, isolate, and give up. It's suicidal.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jtimber View Post
A plan?? I'm haven't got the slightest idea where to even start. I can't imagine life without drink. The thought of going to work tomorrow scares me, but the thought of going to work and not having a drink after is absolutely terrifying. I don't know where to begin 😰
I felt the same way. I listed to the addiction voice that told me that using made things better, made things easier, just one more day, just one more time, it isn't that bad, I'll quit tomorrow. I woke up one morning 24 days ago and finally realized I had been being deceived by the evil monster that is addiction. My desire to quit was finally more than my desire to use. I told my husband about my secret addiction, I told my family, I came to SR for support, I got a counselor, I got an addiction doctor, I quit. Quitting tomorrow won't be easier than quitting today. Ask your loved ones for help. You aren't bad, you aren't just a weak person, you are here admitting your problem. You are strong, you CAN get sober and stay sober! Don't believe the evil lies. Prayers.