Notices

gotta start somewhere I guess!

Old 12-05-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had serious problems for the first 30 days, and then 90, thinking about never drinking again. It was WAY to much for me to handle. It really helped for me not to think of it that way but to just concentrate on the present day.

And wine... I liked it too. Very much. Shopping carts. But when hangovers began turning into 4 days of the flu, with wet sheets and anxiety from hell, well, that's what I think about when I am remembering how much I "liked" it.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

'But when hangovers began turning into 4 days of the flu, '

I recognise this, sadly. I can go quite long periods without a drink but, when I do, FAR too many sessions are followed by this kind of beating. Wears you down....
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Do you know, I have been here before - to this forum I mean! Having seen the names of some forum users and moderators that I recognise this morning, it all (or some at least) came flooding back. I dabbled here probably two years ago. Not for long and obviously not nearly seriously enough. I have no idea what my previous username was but if I remember I will let you know. I guess that is rather typical of the cyclical nature of my relationship with booze. Oh well, the past is the past. Onward and upwards!!!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I hope you remember your previous name because I joined early Feb 2014 and I hope we had crossed paths at some time. I do remember a few people who seemed to stop posting and I missed them. I'm just glad you are here!♡CR
Old 12-06-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
I waited too long and became a "zombie" going to the store to buy wine. It was as if I was posessed and nothing could stop me not even my sober voice saying, "This is not what you want to do. Turn around. Stop driving to buy alcohol. Do something else".
THis was me too. Even last week I was talking to myself saying I don't really want anything to drink but felt compelled to buy wine. then I'd have a couple of glasses and feel mellow and that would have been enough. I didn't want anymore but I HAD to finish the bottle even though I didn't really want it. It's like I'm possessed in some way.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
THis was me too. Even last week I was talking to myself saying I don't really want anything to drink but felt compelled to buy wine. then I'd have a couple of glasses and feel mellow and that would have been enough. I didn't want anymore but I HAD to finish the bottle even though I didn't really want it. It's like I'm possessed in some way.
I now sometimes think of all the time, energy and money I wasted on living like that. I don't want to call it a lifestyle because it was no 'life' and I definately did not have an 'style' driving around town buying wine, hiding it in water bottles and disposing of the empties in elusive places. If I could watch myself from above I think I wouldn't believe that it was actually me doing such an obviously foolish pattern of behavior. That was my 'zombie'!