Notices

Too Drunk for AA...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Marissa, alcohol is the symptom and when we stop drinking we usually have a lot of work to do on the underlying reasons of why we began to numb our feelings and self-medicate our lives. I hope you continue working on your sobriety.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I hope you make the meeting tonight, Marissa. And since you're in the business of finding things, do you mind looking for my glasses? I lost my new pair during my last bender. Now I'm stuck wearing my old, junky pair until I find the new ones.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Drinking in and of itself is seldom the root of the problem. Most of us have emotional or psychological problems. Mine is abandonment. Teenage parents who bailed. We just torture ourselves for other peoples faults.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
I hope you make the meeting tonight, Marissa. And since you're in the business of finding things, do you mind looking for my glasses? I lost my new pair during my last bender. Now I'm stuck wearing my old, junky pair until I find the new ones.
I'd love to.. I lost my purse yesterday..lol That's not easy to lose for a girl! I found it though. A purse is like an appendage.
Once I forgot my purse in a shopping cart in the parking lot of a grocery store. I made it home, unloaded my groceries and panicked!.. Went back to the store and my purse was is the same place I left it.. Guardian Angels working OT again..
Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope you get to that meeting and get some new numbers to use.

I always thought that tomorrow would be better. Turns out that in order for any of my tomorrow's to get better, I needed to make some changes. Tough - but the good news is that once I started making those changes, I found life easier to deal with. Of course, life itself doesn't change. People and our pasts don't change either. But we get better at dealing with all that stuff once we're sober and can start working on our recovery.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery. BB.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I spent today grieving.. For all the people who are gone from my life now. And there are many. I always used to ask myself "what am I gonna do without all my old people". My ld people were my grandparents(who raised me) and their friends. Well, now most of them are gone and my 25 year old brother who left too soon, and for no good reason. So today I'm grieving and tomorrow I give thanks for what I still have.

While I'm grieving I'll say a prayer for all the poor turkeys that gave their lives for our Thanksgiving..
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your grieving.

I lost a lot of people too - it's a part of the process of growing older ourselves...

I think as long as we hold them in our hearts they are still here.

I still really hope you'll decide to do something different this Thanksgiving Marissa.

D
Old 11-23-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry for your grieving, Marissa. My parents are getting up there in age and it's been on my mind a lot lately that my time with them is limited. I'm very close to my parents, and I'm not good at grieving.

I'm hoping I can spend whatever time I have left with them sober and alert. It's the best way I can think of to honor them. They deserve that, and frankly, so do I. I've been struggling, too, but it's going to work out. I'm going to conquer this beast and get sober. That's all there is to it. I have no other real choice.

Oh, and, I found my glasses tonight. Thank goodness.