Notices

Rehab

Old 11-14-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab

Ok. I'll spare everyone the details but I'm at the point I need to go somewhere to break this downward spiral. I'm exhausted physicakkg mentally and depleted Spirituality

Anyone have a rehab recommends in PA in the US.

T
Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi Beanie
When you really want help and have had enough nothing stands in your way...
Finding rehab care in the US is not my strong point but id say Mr Google is a good bet
Join the 24h or November class too.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope that you find and get into a rehab soon.

Do you have insurance that covers rehab ?

My work put me through a 28 day rehab back in 1989 and I highly recommend it.

Good luck,
M-Bob
Old 11-15-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A lot of folks in my area go to White Deer Run, and I hear good things about it. It is in PA, but I am not sure where exactly.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the US national database of rehabs

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

if you put in 'PA' you'll get all the facilities in your state, with a little info and contact details for each.

Sorry I have no personal information to share but I'm wishing you the best BB

D
Old 11-15-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are considering rehab, as that may be a lifesaver for you if nothing else is working to help you break the daily drinking cycle.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee always provides good info.

I am glad that you realize that you need treatment- and I hope you follow through on it. I know that way back in 2006 I found a facility and called, only to not return their call back to make arrangements. Striking while you have the action in your mind is important. Also! If for whatever reason you cannot go immediately, you CAN take action in the meantime. You can choose not to drink today, you can say something to yourself like "well, I'll go to AA for now and get myself into a place that's arranged for me in two days," whatever. It can be easy to think "oh, well, there's no spot anywhere til a month from now, so I will quit then...." I hope you will decide to stop NOW.

A couple of thoughts on the google and search approach- look beyond the first few that come up and are ads. Look at the kind of programs offered- most are 12 step based- none are actually AA- so those kinds of distinctions are important.

Do you have a dr- primary care or psychol/psych? Experts who can guide you have been important to me.

If insurance does not cover much or all/any- some places are very expensive; many will work out a payment plan. Cost can be a big deterrent and ultimately, for me for example, was the deal-breaker and AA it was.

You can get well, no matter what program you do- and many of us started with an inpatient treatment then moved forward. Others, a grassroots approach like AA, or SR plus some IRL work, etc.

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sUPPORT, POST, PERSISTENCE, PATIENCE, SUP[PORT, MEETINGS, POST, SUPPORT.....AND SO ON.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm talking with White Deer Run - they're talking to my insurance and figuring out if they have a bed in one of their facilities. I called my sober coach and he's calling me back with suggestion re facilities. Scared out of mind but know this is the right thing to do. Please keep posting - I'm here by myself this morning trying to figure all this out and how my business partner is going to take over for a couple of weeks. I feel like a failure and I feel very alone
Old 11-15-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would say you sound like a major success!

You've identified a problem, and you've recognized that you need help to solve it.

I'm sure your partner will be able to keep the ship afloat while you tend to your health.

I'm really happy for you. Have you eaten this morning? A good meal will help. So will a hot shower. There is always someone here, you're never alone.

You could also call AA and someone will talk to you. It's free and someone of your same gender can take you to a meeting - where everyone understands...and there are always cookies and coffee.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is incredible. Not only have you identified your problem, but you're grabbing the bull by the horns and sorting out a rehab for yourself! Keep going because once you get into a rehab, yes, it's hard work, but you'll be in a great place with people that understand exactly what you're going through
Old 11-15-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BBlue - I took your advice and ate some eggs with toast then took a hot shower. I do feel a bit better. Still waiting on the call back from White Deer Run. I'll be staying close to this site today. Is there anyone who can share their experiences in rehab - first timer.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

BB- halts. YOU ARE NOT ALONE- WE ARE HERE.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

me, BB? or BeanieBaby?

HALT = Hungry Angry Lonely Tired. . .I think Phoenix is referring to watching those four things when an urge to drink comes.

Beanie, how about a walk or a trip to a shop that you like to just look around? There will be other people there and you can have some short, stress-free interactions. That will help a lot too.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Beanie - change can be scary even when it is a good change. You are dealing with a serious condition that will take everything you own and your life if it isn't addressed. I can imagine that it seems like you are being a burden to have your partner step in to handle business while you are gone. It is for two weeks though. Partners are supposed to step up when issues come up.

Good luck with everything. There is nothing to be scared about with a rehab once you get there. It is a low stress environment for sure.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now. I didn't go to rehab so I can't offer any advice, but I hope that you do whatever is necessary for your recovery.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I have no experience with rehab, but have witnessed success others have had going through and following up on treatment. Serious commitment for someone who is serious about seeking help.

Good for you!
Old 11-15-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have made a choice of facilities, talked to the admin person and my husband is driving me there tomorrow morning. 28 days - leaving business and family. But I know this is the right thing to do. Prays and good thoughts are appreciated. Scared , humiliated but hopeful because I'm taking the most serious action I can to beat my addiction.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Really good news, Beanie.

Hugs and prayers - you can come out with a whole new life.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for your support.!! No electronics allowed so I'll look forward to posting again when I'm home next month.

It's my son's birthday today - he turned 11. I'm giving him the best gift I can think of - a sober mom moving forward. I'm alternating between panic and fear right now and just need to make it through tonight. I hope tomorrow is the start of my new life. Kind of cool that my sobriety date will be my son's birthday.