Notices

Days 30&31

Old 11-10-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Days 30&31

Days 30 and 31 are done. I didn't post yesterday because I was down about our election, but I didn't drink either...
Anyhoo, 1 month feels good. What's better is not even really thinking about drinking. I am vigilant, and think about NOT drinking when I come to SR, but I haven't had any real cravings. When the election was done I did think "wow, this is something to drink over", but, I played the tape forward, didn't like what I saw, went on SR, saw SPECIFIC threads on "not drinking over the election", and the cravings were gone... I obviously have a long way to go if this thought still crosses my mind, but I dealt with it yesterday, and I can do it again, ODAAT.
So, I don't think I am going to do my "Richard's Sobriety Day Count For The World" anymore: a month seems a good time to stop it. What I WILL be doing is:
1. Craving Prevention: daily SR time/posting/"thanking", prayer, meditation, trying to deal with anger/fear in a mature way, recognizing how much happier I am sober, and daily affirmation of the fact that I CAN NEVER DRINK, EVER!
2. Craving management: play the tape forward, stuff my face with junk food, go on SR, speak to friends in recovery. The tape has served me very well: I need to work on the other elements I listed. ODAAT.
Thank You so much SR.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Fortress. Well if posting a thread daily helps you don't feel you need to stop. Whatever works. I like seeing your daily thread, for what its worth! I have a thread that I post in whenever the mood hits.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan, Fortress. If I may, remember HALT--hungry,angry, lonely, tired. Any one of these can contribute to cravings. Cravings should diminish in time. I was about 3 months in when I stopped having cravings. And I never could see the point of keeping track of days sober, but that's me. People who know and love me think I am an odd duck overall. I agree. Peace.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Congrats on hitting the 1 month and beyond.

Keep it up!
Old 11-10-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days! Such a big milestone! I am almost there at Day 16 today, which is the same number of days I had last time before my slip.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

i was taught to pick up a chip to demonstrate to others that its possible to stay sober that long

Old 11-10-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone Fortress