Notices

Date tommorow (please advice, encoragement)

Old 11-12-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're sticking to your resolve to give up drinking. Remember, you quit for a reason.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah....and tbh alcohol was not helpful at all... Yes I wasn't anxious, but I missed the real, sober me...
I will write a lot in my journal today... I want to remember how I feel today and to read it when my AV is strong again...
Old 11-12-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just started reading these posts. Not just stories- but reality, right here, right now. I often reread my own posts- kind of my alcohol journal. interesting TO VIEW MY OWN JOURNEY ALONG WITH THE ANCHOR OF OTHER PEOPLE'S INPUT. iT REALLY IS (DAMN CAPS LOCK) a great place to learn and grow for me.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning- how are you today?

What's your plan and program? I am not sure if you have shared that on other threads - I hear a lot about isolation and self-reliance from these posts on this thread, though......having support- like an AA program - is key, perhaps most especially at the start.

I understand the not wanting to spend time "out" part- I had a very small circle at first- but the train of thought that goes toward isolation and alone-ness, especially on a large, consistent scale, would be dangerous for me.

Good luck. Don't drink today.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My journal has always led me in the right direction when I stick to it.

In early sobriety I added a Gratitude list to the top of each day's entry. That was really helpful to start turning my thoughts in the direction I needed to go.

I'm glad you're going to give it all you have. There is nothing wrong with a little alone time - as long as it isn't spent ruminating about past events gone sour or worrying about the future.

Be where your feet are, right here right now.