Notices

Two Weeks - Lots of Crying

Old 11-04-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh I cried almost non-stop for a few weeks. There were a lot of real reasons for me to cry - I was in legal trouble, I could clearly see how much I had screwed up some aspects of my life, I felt ashamed and remorseful. But also I know some of the reason for it was just physiological. Lots of chemical changes going on in early sobriety. I knew from the experience of others that it was completely normal, so I just went with it.

And, as FreeOwl said -

"It is hard and intense at first because we spent so long avoiding our lives and emotions, but hang with it. It really is a blessing to live with presence and feeling. There is grief and sadness in life but also joy and love and elation....."

Over time, you will find the flip side of this coin. Your strong emotions, which you probably haven't felt for a long time due to numbing yourself with alcohol, will swing to the good. You may experience some pretty crazy mood swings for a while. I know I did. Crying one day, and elated the next. Sometimes I thought I was going nuts! Now, though, I can face life's challenges a lot more calmly, and with some measure of serenity. I just think to myself "this, too, shall pass." I also realize that there is a solution to everything, even if the solution is to let go and do nothing, waiting for the universe to set things right.

You are doing great. Stay sober, and you will begin to see that the promises do come true.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes! and you'll come to recognize that even the "bad" are good.

Being Human means feeling sadness, fear, uncertainty, loss, grief, sorrow and discomfort. FEELING those things isn't something to be avoided.... it is part of the experience of life!! It is part of living fully and adds to the richness of our experience as humans. Our joys are the more joyful in contrast to our sorrows. Our sorrows allow us to process the losses we experience and to celebrate the joys we had before the losses......

It is all connected and "good" versus "bad" are less discreet than social media would have us believe. IS..... BEING and IS......

When we live life in an addicted foggy haze of effort to blot out our BEINGess and our ISness, we are not living at all.....

This IS living.... what you're doing right now.

It is to be given thanks for.....