Notices

Just one more drink

Old 10-12-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Into the Void

No such thing as "Just one more drink".

One more drink means a lifetime of addiction to drink. No more drinks means just that. You choose.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Rupert , yes we want to be normal drinkers such as on our birthdays especially early on as was the case with me 26 sep but I stayed sober .
I Remember getting 2 years sober 2007-2009 I think , went to Blackpool for a family holiday and thought a beer or two will be ok and it was for an hour but that turned into weeks months and years of stupid drinking . Had periods of 5 months last year and now on week 22 sober .
Please don't let it drag on like i did the sooner the better for your own good .

Good luck
Old 10-13-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lightning Bug View Post
I hit rock bottom so hard I under up with a concussion and a vacation in the psych ward. No drink will ever put me there again. I don't care if the Queen commanded me to drink. I don't care if the tax man said drink and all taxes are forgiven. I don't care if Ben Browder told me he would marry me if I would have just one. Incidently, Ben Browder is an unappreciated hottie from Farscape. Rent that series and forget all about the booze.
Strong stuff LB.
Never heard of Ben Browden, but that's the spirit.....and I don't mean the kind that comes ina bottle.