Notices

All time low right now

Old 10-06-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All time low right now

Things are not good SR. I will not drink my sorrows away...but I'd like to.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Can you think of anything that will help to raise your spirits? Try to do something that will cheer you up. Stay close to SR!
Old 10-06-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the Liquid Devil

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Things are not good SR. I will not drink my sorrows away...but I'd like to.
That's exactly what the devil wishes for you to do.
Don't let him have any more of you.
For the true alcoholic -- drinking is never the right answer.
I (we) look at alcohol as the Liquid Devil.
Ever notice how many liquor stores mentions the word "Spirits" ?
For us they are not the good Spirits.
How many times would a person touch the same hot stove ?

Hang tight,
M-Bob
Old 10-06-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're not going to drink Jeff. Do you want to talk more specifically about what's going on?
Old 10-06-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Jeff,

Just logged onto SR right now and see that you may be having a rough go. Sorry to read this. One of your strengths that I have noticed and admire is that you are good at reaching out for help when you need it.

Stay close to SR and all of your good friends. Good job asking for support.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all, quite honestly, I need to eat and lay down for the night. Tomorrow is another day. I don't like to be a whiner, but things are not good in my life. Many folks have it much worse, so I like to keep quiet.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are going through a tough time, it is great you are reaching out and talking about it.
When we get sober how we respond to tough and challenging times is an education in its self, and lessons worth learning. .....take care of yourself especially well.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not whining to share your troubles Jeff.
It's not healthy to lock them up either.

If you talk a little more about them maybe it will help? maybe we can help?

Did you check out some of the respite links I posted in the other thread?

D
Old 10-06-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good on you for reaching out today Jeff. We're here. Lean on us. Feel free to share more of what's going on...
Old 10-06-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i'm glad you came here to "share" - we don't "rank" the level of trouble each has, only what we can do to help them get through.

just don't drink. hit the pillow sober.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

(((((Jeff)))))
Old 10-06-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thomas11 I see you post allot of very positive and encouraging things to other members on here. Takes a hell of a person to do that! Hang tough amigo, you will get through this.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jeff

Please hang in there.
If you want to share, we are here.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jeff Please don't think I was knocking your troubles at all. I just don't want you to drink, from one friend to another. I've spent the better part of the week doing nothing but crying and falling apart.... but I haven't drank.

Nobody's pain is more or less than another's, it's just theirs and nobody knows what it feels like to walk in another's shoes.
But you can take some of that weight off your shoulders by sharing with those who care.

Sometimes the only thing that keeps my head from popping off is posting random nonsense or raging myself out on here.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jeff you have been here fro many of us with so much positivity and we are here for you . I hope you can share a little more ,get it off your chest if you can .
I haven't shared a specific story about what happened with my eldest son , drink driving , job lost , 2 weeks ago which has floored everyone around him . I wanted to drink too but wtf would that solve .
Rooting for you bud .
Old 10-07-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Jeff, just jumping on to give you my support. Great idea to get yourself to bed, sober. Tomorrow is another day and it will take care of itself...
Old 10-07-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What's up Jeff? We are here for you.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Im sorry you are not feeling well.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I took my own advice last night and just shut it down. I ate and took 2 melatonin and went to bed.

My struggles are the same as many of you face, but I will share this. We are (and have been) going through some pretty tough financial times but it will pass. That alone is mildly stressful. The other thing is my family. We are basically finished. Its sad because my father is not long for this world. I foresee another holiday season going by with no contact. It bothers me, but I have to stay away from those people, they are not healthy to be around. They are bitter, jealous, paranoid and arrogant. A bad combination.
Lastly, I read the meeting minutes from our fall association meeting. I took care of the parks along the lake-shore. I saw a comment that said something about the weeds, and the new company was better and cheaper. This irked me and I responded that I knew our work suffered last year, primary because I was in a wheelchair. I apologized to the entire neighborhood. I then found out it wasn't the park but the seaweed by the docks and beach (I don't do that, its a special license). That made me feel a little better. They said I always did a good job.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff- glad you opened up a little bit. Like everyone said, our group is here to help- even if that just means listening.

Handling our stress (whatever it is) is tough sometimes. I have to do the "shut it down" for the night thing, still - and I bet, I probably always will. When I get too stimulated (that can mean stressed, wired in an exhausted way after days and nights of straight work, over-worried about something, a lot of things), I do the Send Myself To Bed technique. Very helpful.

I forget- are you in AA? i know that when I have been struggling, and haven't gone to as many meetings, I have looked back and thought I'd have struggled less or for less time if I'd participated more and sought more help. I have to remember to keep doing the things that make my recovery easier not harder for no reason!

I also find that I have to compartmentalize stuff. One conversation with my boyfriend about something big/tough, one bill at a time, one shift at work. I can't solve all my problems right away or think of the collective whole too much or I will get overwhelmed. Another thought is a note I made in my planner one day- not sure where I got it but it stuck - "we have to row when there is no wind." Sometimes it seems like we have no help, or don't know where we will get to, but we have to keep going one step at a time.

Taking care of myself can mean different things and I have to remember to make it a priority along with everything else.
Hang in there and keep coming back to participate with us!!