Notices

Recreating Myself Journal

Old 10-12-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for your posts GhostFace! Hope you're doing well. Developing a plan was also important for me, especially during the first few months. I found myself developing new routines that helped to keep me on track. Some of them were surprisingly small things, like cooking myself a big dinner as soon as I got home from work and eating early. I found that being full helped prevent me from getting urges to drink. Small details like that can help when you spot them.

I also looked for other relaxing routines to take the place of drinking. I remember stockpiling about 20 different kinds of tea and making an evening ritual of making a cup of tea and reading something interesting. Meditation too was a big help for me, as was actively starting some new hobbies that I had put off during my drinking.

As you mentioned, loneliness was also a big factor for me. A lot of alcoholic types isolate. I know I did anyways. I've tried to counter that by getting involved in activities, from a hiking club to a professional organization to recovery groups. I've even thought about joining a local group that is training for a long-distance fundraiser bike ride. (Meet new people, develop a sense of purpose, focus on health, and stay busy!)

Anyways I'm rambling, but I hope there is something useful in there. Whatever you find is best, you can do this, and it will be so worth it!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thursday is here and the weekend is near. This is the hardest part for me and my AV has been talking to me all day. I already have my day planned ahead and I'm looking forward to being productive as soon as i get out of work. Yesterday felt great as i went to the gym, made a good dinner. My anxiety has been bad for the past week but I don't want to live in fear and let my anxiety control me so as my heart was pacing instead of working out in the park i decided to go to the gym. For the first 5 minutes i was uncomfortable but i was able to manage and had a great workout.

Today Im going back to the gym, reading and focusing on developing new skills such as HTML, CSS and Javascript. I need to be focused and I can only do this with a sober mind. With all the troubles i have right now, i feel great and im looking forward on keeping this momentum going.

Thank you all!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EndGame

Though I'm certain that you don't care for what I have to say, you must have learned by now that without getting some serious help for your alcoholism and your anxiety, you always end up in the same place.

What's it going to take for you to get the help you need?
Old 10-13-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think it is awesome that you make and keep a plan for your day!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Though I'm certain that you don't care for what I have to say, you must have learned by now that without getting some serious help for your alcoholism and your anxiety, you always end up in the same place.

What's it going to take for you to get the help you need?
I do care for your thoughts and thank you for your response. All I have right now is gym, meditation, reading, keeping myself busy, and a desire not to drink.

As far as my anxiety, it only comes when im really stressed and of course when i have a hangover. I know it will only last for a few seconds and it can be overwhelming but im actually embracing my troubles and looking for solutions.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Yesterday was somewhat productive but i decided to give myself a break due to my early recovery. I tend to be real hard on myself so i took it easy last night. I went to the gym, got home made a protein shake, watched a documentary on Netflix and read before going to bed. I had a buddy of mines call me and Im sure it was to go out and drink but I need to avoid certain people and places for my own sake.

Today is Friday and Im and my AV is still trying to convince me to go out and relax so i need to distract myself and have no idle time. After work im going straight to the gym and then going back home to make dinner, finish reading a book ive been prolonging ond pretty much isolate myself.

Im thankful for you guys and all your comments. Many think i cant do this, but i done it before and I will do it again.

Thank You!
Old 12-22-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, GhostFace.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi, GhostFace.

Happy Holidays!
Hey Leigh,

Good to hear from you. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

How are you Ghost ?
Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Ghost Face,

How are you doing? Do you have holiday plans?
Old 12-24-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas GhostFace

D
Old 12-25-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello all I'm ashamed to say that I went back to my old ways. This morning I bought a bottle of champagne after going on 2 day binge and had one cup and my body just went through sweats. I felt warm and cold at the same time. I took the bottle and empty it out in the trash. I'm home now just laying in bed. I don't think I can keep going this way. The alcohol and cigarettes are going to kill me. I need help.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try & rest brother but please please check in with us or if you can manage it stay with us I've been worried for a while now & hope you decide to come back were all here for you
Old 12-31-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hope that you are doing better, GhostFace.

Wishing you a happy, safe and sober 2017.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes from me too GF - and Happy New Year
D
Old 01-01-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

, GhostFace,

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Happy new year GhostFace
Old 01-07-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing well, GhostFace. Would really like to hear from you.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello all and thank you for the holiday greetings. I'm still alive and sober just a bit sick, fighting a cold/fever. Since the start of the new year I've set my goals and been doing alot of meditating and reading. I get my license back in 6 month and have to put a anti-lock device that you have to blow in order for the car to start just to ensure you have no alcohol in the system. I'm scared and excited at the same time. At the end of this month is my birthday and i really just want to be at peace. I went through alot last year from losing my grandmother, close friends, trouble at work and ending a relationship with someone that I thought was the one just to find out she was using me for emotional support and had another dude on the side. Life goes on and as of right now, i made it my life purpose to become the best version of myself and in order to do that i have to give up alot of things that's holding me back.

Thank you all for the love and support.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Hello all and thank you for the holiday greetings. I'm still alive and sober just a bit sick, fighting a cold/fever. Since the start of the new year I've set my goals and been doing alot of meditating and reading. I get my license back in 6 month and have to put a anti-lock device that you have to blow in order for the car to start just to ensure you have no alcohol in the system. I'm scared and excited at the same time. At the end of this month is my birthday and i really just want to be at peace. I went through alot last year from losing my grandmother, close friends, trouble at work and ending a relationship with someone that I thought was the one just to find out she was using me for emotional support and had another dude on the side. Life goes on and as of right now, i made it my life purpose to become the best version of myself and in order to do that i have to give up alot of things that's holding me back.

Thank you all for the love and support.

It's wonderful to hear that you are doing so well, GhostFace. always here for you, friend.